Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Introduce yourself!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My name is Jo Anne Otterstrom, I live in Oregon and love to shoot landscape photos...my digital rebel died after approx 35000 photos being shot with it....so I tried to find a similar camera...wound up with EOS 70D...so far so good...hope it will be as good as my rebel was....

I am retired and just enjoy shooting anything NOT man made..mountains, oceans, trees, flowers, wildlife, pets etc etc...

Frequent Contributor

hi Jo Anne

where in OR r/u?  im in Medford, also retired.  Hope u like your new camera.   Have had a rebel now 4 mos and learning so much here on this site.  So far just try'n new (everythngs new to me) technques in my garden w/ bugs and flowers.  Also tried a little video w/ a friends band.  The sound on these cameras is better than i thought.  Want to do more landscape and lightpainting ideas  have.   Awaiting a new computer so now i can learn photoshop  (Hopefully by next week).  Hope to chat more, nice to meet u.   Liz

Occasional Contributor

I am also in Medford, though I am moving to Klamath Falls in a couple weeks....I think you would like macro, you can use macro for landscape also, has very cool effect, love to shoot rivers in macro! not to mention close ups....have fun with your new camera, my first dslr was a digital rebel, and I plum wore it out!

I have a canon super zoom, though I have pretty much stopped using it...it is great out doors but if you're driving or in the back seat and shooting thru the glass....it will focus on the first thing it see, usually dirt , bugs or hard water spot...I dislike full auto in a camera.

Frequent Contributor

joAnne ---why would you want to go to kfalls?  Very cold and can't grow a garden there.  However, if you like to shoot birds, there's allot of them, year round.

Occasional Contributor

I like the cold and I like snow...and yes I do love shooting birds and old barns as well.

Frequent Contributor

joanne you may like it..  Best bird photography in the lower 48, but not a nice place to live.  Check out eagle ridge from a boat, bald and golden eagles roost.  lots of babies (most years)  Also check the snow geese in Dec-jan you will be in awe.  Takes your breath away there are so many.  lots of old barns over there too, old potato farms, (about all that will grow)  too bad you're moving, would've been fun to have a buddy to go shoot w/, good luck over there in your move, hope it's not durring this heat.  Liz

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, yep, it's during the heat....

Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'm Betsy and I am a hobbyist and fairly new to photography despite my age - 54Smiley Wink I have become obsessed and absolutely love photographing action - sports and birds in flight. I have taken several classes at the Community College here in Nashville and am eager to keep learning as much as possible!

Occasional Contributor

hay all new to the canon forums. I am a vermont based fine art and live music phtographer shooting the 6D and 5DmkIII (soon MkIV). everyone has their thing mine is finding crazy places to shoot from at night and telling the storry of what my world looks like while everone else is asleep! ARO AuroraSand Bar Spin Hellow can you hear me??

Occasional Contributor

Hay all new to the canon forums. I am a vermont based fine art and live music phtographer shooting the 6D and 5DmkIII (soon MkIV). everyone has their thing mine is finding crazy places to shoot from at night and telling the storry of what my world looks like while everone else is asleep! ARO AuroraSand Bar Spin Hellow can you hear me??