cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

Cosmos5112
Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I have always loved photography. Taking pictures with what was ever in my hand. I never saved for anything more then a cellphone. Then I started working on stargazing & learn all the beauty up in the cosmos it was breathtaking view & I want to learn how take those beautiful pics... I am glad to have joinned this community.

Cosmos5112
Apprentice
I am very certain on getting a DSLR with my taxes... My hubby & I are running the numbers, I know I want to big sensor, set on manual raw, low apeg settings...however reseach will help more. Any suggustions or tips with appreciated thanks 🙂 🙂 🙂

ChaserChick87
Apprentice

Hi all!

My name is Maggie and I am not new to Canon, but new to this forum.  I am the proud owner of 2 Canon cameras - an S5 IS, which i purchased in 2007.  it turns 9 in October this year.  I also am a proud owner of a T5i, purchased in 2014.  It turned 2 earlier this month.  *gets emotional*  They grow up so fast! (yes, they are like my kids, as i don't have any kids of my own. Don't judge.  LOL).

Anywho, I set foot in the wonderful world of photography in 2003 with a disposable Kodak camera.  Got my first digital camera - an HP Photsmart M517 - in 2005.  To make a long story short, it broke (the one and only time i had dropped it - go figure Smiley Frustrated) and from about June of '06 to when i got my (then) new camera in October of  '07, I was without one.  It was HORRIBLE.

I am an avid weather enthusiast, and as my screen name says, i also chase storms.  Been chasing since 2007.  Never have seen a tornado though, as the lack of gas money badly limited the distance i can go.  I hope to change that some day.

Anyway, I am happy to be a part of the Canon community, and hope i can take away a lot of what i learn while here.  Smiley Happy

- Maggie

fatcat
Rising Star

Spend a weekend in New York City , visit the company's office the Canon , as well as visit the next event. [link removed per forum guidelines] 

Portybear
Apprentice

Hi, my name is Len Watson and I'm from Aberdeen in Scotland. I shoot Nikon but print Canon.

DiamondBoy1979
Apprentice

Hello im new here.My name is Fred.I used canon years ago.And bought a canon printer at a garage sale.Thats how i got bakc ino to using canon stuff.I love it and its easy to use.Im hoping to make new friends here along the way.Or any advice or tips i cna get as well to.I am 37 yrs old live on my own.I have no children.

kgv12
Apprentice

Hi everyone!

My name is Kahla. I am a graduate student in Instructional Systems and Learning Technologies at Florida State University and novice photographer. I am taking a black and white film course for the first time in about 6 years and will primarily be working with my Canon AE-1 Program. After brushing up, I plan to develop and print at home. 

I'm hoping some of the folks in this forum will be able to help me with suggestions and advice as I look to acquire more gear(both analog and digital), find new challenges in shooting, and maybe even offer some critiquing on my photos. 

Its nice to meet all of you!

bjoanne2000
Contributor

Hi,

My name is Jo Anne Otterstrom, I live in Oregon and love to shoot landscape photos...my digital rebel died after approx 35000 photos being shot with it....so I tried to find a similar camera...wound up with EOS 70D...so far so good...hope it will be as good as my rebel was....

I am retired and just enjoy shooting anything NOT man made..mountains, oceans, trees, flowers, wildlife, pets etc etc...

Announcements