Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone!

My name is Dave Harding. I've been a Canon shooter for 6 years. I started off buying a T2i to shoot a music video and still have it to this day! 

Since 2012 I've been shooting with the 5DMK3...thing is a beast! I recently added magic lantern to my T2i and use it as a B camera to go along with the 5D. 

I mostly shoot videos (corporate, music, etc.) and started doing some street photography in NYC with the 5D.

I am looking forward to learning many tips and tricks to enhance my skills with the 5D.

I post my best work here: www.daveismedia.com

happy to be here!

Dave

New Contributor

Hi Michael

Can you help me with the Utility ERROR problem I just posted?

New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have always loved photography. Taking pictures with what was ever in my hand. I never saved for anything more then a cellphone. Then I started working on stargazing & learn all the beauty up in the cosmos it was breathtaking view & I want to learn how take those beautiful pics... I am glad to have joinned this community.
New Contributor

I am very certain on getting a DSLR with my taxes... My hubby & I are running the numbers, I know I want to big sensor, set on manual raw, low apeg settings...however reseach will help more. Any suggustions or tips with appreciated thanks Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Hi all!

My name is Maggie and I am not new to Canon, but new to this forum.  I am the proud owner of 2 Canon cameras - an S5 IS, which i purchased in 2007.  it turns 9 in October this year.  I also am a proud owner of a T5i, purchased in 2014.  It turned 2 earlier this month.  *gets emotional*  They grow up so fast! (yes, they are like my kids, as i don't have any kids of my own. Don't judge.  LOL).

Anywho, I set foot in the wonderful world of photography in 2003 with a disposable Kodak camera.  Got my first digital camera - an HP Photsmart M517 - in 2005.  To make a long story short, it broke (the one and only time i had dropped it - go figure Smiley Frustrated) and from about June of '06 to when i got my (then) new camera in October of  '07, I was without one.  It was HORRIBLE.

I am an avid weather enthusiast, and as my screen name says, i also chase storms.  Been chasing since 2007.  Never have seen a tornado though, as the lack of gas money badly limited the distance i can go.  I hope to change that some day.

Anyway, I am happy to be a part of the Canon community, and hope i can take away a lot of what i learn while here.  Smiley Happy

- Maggie

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

hello, I have been a canon user in the past, this is my first dslr and I am LOST...can you help me find your videos?  My email is [Mod Note: Email removed per forum guidelines] .......I look forward to hearing form you and watch your videos....ANY help at this point would be GREAT.

THanks,

liz

New Contributor

Hi, my name is Len Watson and I'm from Aberdeen in Scotland. I shoot Nikon but print Canon.

New Contributor

Hello im new here.My name is Fred.I used canon years ago.And bought a canon printer at a garage sale.Thats how i got bakc ino to using canon stuff.I love it and its easy to use.Im hoping to make new friends here along the way.Or any advice or tips i cna get as well to.I am 37 yrs old live on my own.I have no children.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spend a weekend in New York City , visit the company's office the Canon , as well as visit the next event. [link removed per forum guidelines] 

New Contributor

Hi everyone!

My name is Kahla. I am a graduate student in Instructional Systems and Learning Technologies at Florida State University and novice photographer. I am taking a black and white film course for the first time in about 6 years and will primarily be working with my Canon AE-1 Program. After brushing up, I plan to develop and print at home. 

I'm hoping some of the folks in this forum will be able to help me with suggestions and advice as I look to acquire more gear(both analog and digital), find new challenges in shooting, and maybe even offer some critiquing on my photos. 

Its nice to meet all of you!