cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

Hi folks. New owner of a T3i and first DSLR. Used to play around quite a bit with 35mm but been away for awhile. I still have various bags of bodies and lenses, even have some unexposed rolls of Kodachrome! Anybody want to buy Pentax or Nikon stuff?

im looking into a local camera club and looking forward to rediscovering photography in the digital format. I just shoot for my own enjoyment. I like interesting architecture and old farm structures, people and portraits, etc. nothing professional.

fineimprints
Apprentice

Hello this is very nice thread it gives usefull information to other people.

Birdfoto
Apprentice

Started with an F-1, in the early '70's, then an AE-1, Elan 7E, D-30, 20-D, 1-DN Mark III, 1-DN Mark IV.  Also have an EOS M as a pocket camera.  Do a lot of event and civic work but shoot birds for my own enjoyment.  Teach basic Digital Photography and am president of a local photo club.  I am a retired business manager and trainer who has always enjoyed photography and now has the time and money to indulge myself.  I don't charge for photographs and provide 1000's of them a year to local non-profit and civic groups.  Have had photos published in a number of publications and websites including USA Today and NBC News.  I enjoy the opportunity to be shooting all the time without having to try and please anyone but myself.  

mandurah
Apprentice

I am John Summerfield, I live in Mandurah.

Whare is Mandurah? There's only one, ask Google Maps.

My first Canon was an EOS 630, my latest two, bought in the past 12 monthes, are a 60D and a 6D. I am here because I am really really cross with the software that shipped with the 6D. Particularly Imagebrowser.

fyigmo63
Enthusiast

A little bit late for my introduction, but what the heck.

I'm a Powershot SX50 HS owner and a photography enthusiast for a little over 30 years now.  Even though I've embraced the digital age, I'm still a huge fan of film photography and miss the days of processing film and photos in the dark room.  I've got a special interest in shooting black and white, as well as infrared.  I also shoot landscapes almost exclusively.  I've got a sister and brother-in-law who are also enthusiasts, and they're Canon owners as well with a T3 and 5D Mk.III, respectively.

I'm no stranger to forums, and in fact I'm an Administrator on two auto forums myself.  I'm really passionate about photography, and also about helping others out, and I'll always do what I can to help out other members here when I can.  Thanks for having me on board!

ireneeng
Apprentice

Hello  everyone,

I use a flatbed scanner for a long time - CanoScan LiDE 30 that still works just fine, and now it starts acting up a little - that's why I'm here.  I also use T2i, hope it made by Canon -:)

Nice meeting everyone here.

Thanks

Irene

lml46
Apprentice

Hi all!  I'm a brand new member to the Canon Family after using a Sony digital camera for a couple of years.  I now own a Rebel T3/1100D, also purchased extra a 75-300mm zoom lens, and I'm still learning all the great features about this camera.

Years ago, I owned a Minolta (remember them?) SLR and was seriously into Nature Photography, would shoot slides, critique them on a screen w/ a slide projector and then send off the slides for prints.  I would mat them myself and if I was lucky enough, even sold a few at craft shows.  LOL, those were the days....kind of glad they're gone, it was a lot of work for me. Smiley Tongue  My camera body broke one day so after a break from photography, I moved on into the digital age (like I had a choice...lol).

Looking forward to being a member of this forum and hope to learn lot's of useful information while I'm learning how to use my new Canon camera!  Nice meeting you all!Smiley Happy

Link
Apprentice

Hi there, my name is Shannon and I just recently started up a photography business with the help of what I like to call Canondorf, my 5D MK III.  I have been shooting for less than a year, I have about 5 months of shooting experience in the business sense.  I've had a DSLR since 2011, however, due to unfortunate personal issues, I wasn't able to really use my camera until just last year.

http://www.facebook.com/wtfocusphotography <-- most of my stuff can be found here

www.hello-focus.com <-- some stuff can be found here, I just started this website
I'd love some feedback on my work if anyone cares.

I guess I should list my gear.  It seems like a popular thing to do.

Canon 60D

Canon 5D Mark III

Lenses:

15 2.8 fisheye
35L
50 1.8 (selling)

50 1.4 (acquiring Tuesday)
85 1.8 (selling)

100 2.8 Macro
70-200L IS USM II (taking FOREVER to arrive in the mail [ordered it Friday, 2 days ago, haha])

I have a Speedlite that I don't use, the 430EXII?  I don't know, but those numbers and letters look nice together, so I'm going to assume that might be name of my Speedlite.  I also recently acquired an old film camera, Canon, of course, and I'm looking forward to working with it and hope that it improves my photography.

Outside of the Canon stuff, I am a huge dork and I like Zelda, but I like Link more, hence the name.  🙂  
Any questions?  Just ask.  🙂

MzytengaM
Contributor

hi im MzytengaM and i like DPP and i love Grain,, Noize ?  what noize 😄

gerwinkoppelaar
Apprentice

Hi my name is Gerwin and I'm from the Netherlands. I use Canon for over 6 years now. Started with an old analog camera from my father, and later on bought my own digital camera. I love to make pictures when I travel, with special interrest in the people in other countries and their habbits, and the landscapes. 

Announcements