cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

Jakestir
Apprentice

Hello, my name is Jake McKee and I like to take pictures with my Canon camera.

2n10
Contributor

Hi my name is John Hackney and I am an enthusiastic hobbyist.

I started out a few years ago taking photos of my aquariums for posting on forums.  I started out with a Kodak z730.  A couple of years ago I switched to a SX20IS.  This may I upgraded to a T3i and the bug bit hard.  I have since upgraded to a 7D in late August.

castillomiami
Contributor

My name is carlos castillo, . I have been a Canon shooter for almost 5 years now and I 'm Canon 100% fan. 

I started off primarily as a stree photorgapher, i'm living in miami florida 

hi to everyone

Hello to All! My name is Jim McCann. I've been shooting with Canon gear for...I dunno, perhaps 35 years now. Obviously I've spent most of my life shooting film, but those days are gone now and I'm heavily invested in digital equipment. I've done studio and wedding photography in the past, but no longer. By definition I'm a outdoor photographer and I shoot mainly to illustrate outdoor magazine articles I've written, or I'm also happy to make money selling photos to illustrate other writers work. My photos also grace the pages of my own books. I have two agents, one in NYC and the other in Montana, but the days of making a living selling stock images are pretty much over in my opinion. I live in Alaska, a very target-rich environment for a hunting, fly fishing, wildlife, general outdoor photographer like me. I shoot 7Ds and a 5D Mk III and have lenses ranging from the super wide to the new 500 f4 Mk II super telephoto.

Look forward to communicating with each of you.

Jim

Hi, my name is Susan Koppel. I live in Reno, Nevada - I am a "retired" aerospace engineer, now working as an animal keeper at a wildlife sanctuary.  Also trying to get my photography to generate some revenue, but not trying hard enough to lose it as a passion or a hobby. I've had Canon gear since the Elan-7 film camera, now own a 5DMK3 and 5DMk2 and an assortment of lenses. Happy to be here!

John27
Contributor

Hi folks

I thought I should introduce myself here, as there doesn't seem to be a specific place.  Anyways, I'm John and have been a Canon user for a couple of years now.  I use a 7d and a 5d MKII.  I'm a Scotsman presently living in Southern Spain, and really should get out and take more pictures.

John

RexGig
Enthusiast

Greetings!

My name is Rex, and I use a pair of 7D cameras to shoot crime scene/forensic images at work. I wear a badge, and my office is a white Ford Crown Victoria. I upload my images into a proprietary program, as straight-from-the-camera JPEGs, so the challenge is to record good images, as I cannot process them. Most of my images are shot at night, so flash is very important. I use a 580EX II, 580EX, 320EX, and a Nissin Di866 II, sometimes with an ST-E2. My most usful lenses are a 100mm Macro 2.8L and a 10-22mm EF-S.  I own all of my equipment.

I shoot occasionally on my own time, using the 7D cameras, or my 5D "Classic" or 40D, with various lenses up to a 400mm 5.6L. The 5D with the 40mm "Pancake" is a particular favorite.

EDIT/Update, August 2018: 

I am now retired. At the time I retired, in January 2018, my duty cameras had been updated to a pair of the 7D Mark II. I was still using the same EF 100/2.8L Macro IS, and had added a second one. I had shifted to using an EF 24-105L IS for my on-duty zoom. I had accumulated four 600EX-RT Speedlites, and a Macro Ring Lite. Of course, I own this gear, so it is for personal shooting, too.

I have also added, over time, 1D Mark II N, 5Ds R, 1Ds Mark III, and 5D Mark IV cameras, in that order. Some recently-added favored lenses include my EF 100-400L II IS, EF 35/1/4L II, and an EF 300/2.8L IS, the last of which I acquired pre-owned. Walking-about while shooting in natural areas has been my usual recent photographic activity, frequently using the EF 100-400L II IS, with its wonderful ability to capture an image of a bird at the top of the tree, and a wee beastie suddenly appearing underfoot, within seconds of each other. This is a wonderful time to be a photographer.

Fricks
Apprentice

Hi guys. My names Jake. I am a active participator is other Photography forums across the net and hope to further share my knowledge and learn more here!

By the way i shoot alot of surf photography so you might see alot of photos like these around here

Sandy Barrel

5D III, 8-15L, TSE 24L, 24-105L, 85L, 70-200L, EX600 X2

Seth86
Apprentice

Hi everyone! I'm Seth, a new member here. I really love canon cameras.Most of my friends has it.  It's really nice. I'm planning of buying one. Any suggestions if what's the best?

youkickmydog24x
Contributor

Hello everyone, my name is Ray....I don't quite have a Canon camera yet.  I had the pleasure of tinkering with my moms Canon but, as of now, I own a 35mm Nikon (I won it on an eBay auction).  So, shortly I'll be purchasing a T3i with some accessories.  The major things I'm looking into getting is the 430ex II flash and the BG-E8 battery grip.  If anyone has any other "must have" suggestions, let me know.  I may not get them right away but, at least I know what to work on.  BTW, I mostly take pictures in gathering type of events i.e.. Weddings, Quincenera's, parties and most importantly, my kids.

Announcements