cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

ratan
Enthusiast

My name is Richard Cat Happy Nice to meet you all.

I am a event photographer but really enjoy shooting landscape and travel photography. I am a Nikon shooter (no hate please) but recently have picked up cinetography and filming, that is when I picked up an EOS machine, the 1DX.

My Canon gear consists of :

1DX

35L

70-200L II

600EX

Nice to meet you all 🙂

I like DSLRs and a Gear Whore.

Canon:
Canon EOS 1Dx, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS II, EF 200mm f/2.0L IS USM

Nikon:
Nikon D4, Nikon D800, Carl Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 Super Speed 50mm T/1.5, Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II

thomashawk
Apprentice

My name is Thomas Hawk.  I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III.  I maintain a photography blog at http://thomashawk.com and am active on some of the social photo sharing sites.

jbedford
Apprentice

Greetings from Canada!

My name is Jason, and I'm from Toronto.

I'm an avid enthusiast, and shoot with a 7D.

My lens collection consists of:

50 f/1.4

24-70 f/2.8

100 f/2.8 macro

70-200 f/2.8 IS II

I'm looking forward to watching what Canon has in store for this forum!

Hello

My name is Alain and after I saw the link at Petapixel I came over to post some wish list for bodies and lens Smiley Very Happy

I think it is agood move from Canon to open up a bit more and hope they will consider our inputs. I opened up a Lens wish-list thread by the way, I hope you add your ideas.

I am enjoying a 1D4, after the 1D3, both great cameras. I love them because the AF points are place where I need them to be, and very precise.

I mostly use the 85II, or 200 2. I also use 24II, 24 TS-EII, 16-35II, 100 IS, and 14mm.

I shoot traditionnal Japan, like festivals and geishas etc.

Alain

www.alaindavreux.com

Diaframma
Apprentice

Hello everyone today I found this forum (too bad there is in Italy) and I joined. I speak very little English but I'll try 'to understand.

GdotArroyo
Apprentice

Hi all,

I am a long time Canon user, since I was a young and my dad handed me his AE-1 which I still have and use. 

Hope this forum really takes off and we can use each other to improve our skills, professional or hobbiest. 

-G.

kevinb
Contributor

Howdy all! I am Kevin from San Antonio, Texas. I have been shooting for about four years now. My primary form of photography is drag racing. From time to time, I have started to venture into wildlife/bird photography.

cliffwang
Apprentice

My name is Cliff.

I am a hobbyist.  I take shoots for my family and friends.

My Canon gear consists of :

5D3

Canon 5D3

Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2

Canon Closed-up 500D

580EX

Twilightscapes
Contributor

Welcome everyone!

Looks like there's a lot of old faces showing up here which is nice, but there's a ton of interesting new faces as well which is great!

Unique Night Time Photography | Twilightscapes.com

Its a photography Forum! Pictures speak louder than words!

Then Me at the Golden Gate

Now Me at the Golden Gate

Announcements