Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Introduce yourself!

My name is Cliff.

I am a hobbyist.  I take shoots for my family and friends.

My Canon gear consists of :

5D3

Canon 5D3

Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2

Canon Closed-up 500D

580EX

Topics: 1
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 1

Welcome everyone!

Looks like there's a lot of old faces showing up here which is nice, but there's a ton of interesting new faces as well which is great!

Unique Night Time Photography | Twilightscapes.com
Occasional Contributor

Its a photography Forum! Pictures speak louder than words!

Then Me at the Golden Gate

Now Me at the Golden Gate

New Contributor

Hello, my name is Jake McKee and I like to take pictures with my Canon camera.

Occasional Contributor

Hi my name is John Hackney and I am an enthusiastic hobbyist.

I started out a few years ago taking photos of my aquariums for posting on forums.  I started out with a Kodak z730.  A couple of years ago I switched to a SX20IS.  This may I upgraded to a T3i and the bug bit hard.  I have since upgraded to a 7D in late August.

Occasional Contributor

My name is carlos castillo, . I have been a Canon shooter for almost 5 years now and I 'm Canon 100% fan. 

I started off primarily as a stree photorgapher, i'm living in miami florida 

hi to everyone

New Contributor

Hello to All! My name is Jim McCann. I've been shooting with Canon gear for...I dunno, perhaps 35 years now. Obviously I've spent most of my life shooting film, but those days are gone now and I'm heavily invested in digital equipment. I've done studio and wedding photography in the past, but no longer. By definition I'm a outdoor photographer and I shoot mainly to illustrate outdoor magazine articles I've written, or I'm also happy to make money selling photos to illustrate other writers work. My photos also grace the pages of my own books. I have two agents, one in NYC and the other in Montana, but the days of making a living selling stock images are pretty much over in my opinion. I live in Alaska, a very target-rich environment for a hunting, fly fishing, wildlife, general outdoor photographer like me. I shoot 7Ds and a 5D Mk III and have lenses ranging from the super wide to the new 500 f4 Mk II super telephoto.

Look forward to communicating with each of you.

Jim
Occasional Contributor

Hi, my name is Susan Koppel. I live in Reno, Nevada - I am a "retired" aerospace engineer, now working as an animal keeper at a wildlife sanctuary.  Also trying to get my photography to generate some revenue, but not trying hard enough to lose it as a passion or a hobby. I've had Canon gear since the Elan-7 film camera, now own a 5DMK3 and 5DMk2 and an assortment of lenses. Happy to be here!

Occasional Contributor

Hola from a newbie

Hi folks

I thought I should introduce myself here, as there doesn't seem to be a specific place.  Anyways, I'm John and have been a Canon user for a couple of years now.  I use a 7d and a 5d MKII.  I'm a Scotsman presently living in Southern Spain, and really should get out and take more pictures.

John

Frequent Contributor

Greetings!

My name is Rex, and I use a pair of 7D cameras to shoot crime scene/forensic images at work. I wear a badge, and my office is a white Ford Crown Victoria. I upload my images into a proprietary program, as straight-from-the-camera JPEGs, so the challenge is to record good images, as I cannot process them. Most of my images are shot at night, so flash is very important. I use a 580EX II, 580EX, 320EX, and a Nissin Di866 II, sometimes with an ST-E2. My most usful lenses are a 100mm Macro 2.8L and a 10-22mm EF-S.  I own all of my equipment.

I shoot occasionally on my own time, using the 7D cameras, or my 5D "Classic" or 40D, with various lenses up to a 400mm 5.6L. The 5D with the 40mm "Pancake" is a particular favorite.