Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Introduce yourself!

Joe from the Boston/Melrose MA area.

Wonder what my friends over at the Canon POTN think about this move by Canon.

New Contributor

My name is Dylan, wedding photographer in Boise.. (sarakbyrne.com ) 

LOVE Canon.. 

My favorite camera is still my original 5d.. I shoot is more than anything else.. love everything about it (except lack of liveview)

5d|5dii|5diii|7d|17-40L|24L|35L|45tse|50L|85L|135L
Frequent Contributor

My name is Richard Cat Happy Nice to meet you all.

I am a event photographer but really enjoy shooting landscape and travel photography. I am a Nikon shooter (no hate please) but recently have picked up cinetography and filming, that is when I picked up an EOS machine, the 1DX.

My Canon gear consists of :

1DX

35L

70-200L II

600EX

Nice to meet you all Smiley Happy

I like DSLRs and a Gear Whore.

Canon:
Canon EOS 1Dx, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.2L USM, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS II, EF 200mm f/2.0L IS USM

Nikon:
Nikon D4, Nikon D800, Carl Zeiss Compact Prime CP.2 Super Speed 50mm T/1.5, Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED, Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
New Contributor

Hi, I am Scott

I am a photo enthusiast, and I have been capturing images since I was a little kid. I think images are a story that can connect generations.  I hope to capture images until my final day on this planet.   My favorite camera is the Canon EOS RT, followed closely by the EOS Élan. I picked those up right after I picked up the original Rebel. This was also the time when I wanted something other than point and shoot cameras that I have had for so long. I was looking at Nikon cameras, but that EOS system was like a Siren song. Then I tried a Rebel out, and it felt right, and logical to me.  Since then, I never looked back.  I went to digital when the 1D Mark II came out. It was the first digital camera that really felt worthy of replacing my RT and I fell in love with the APS-H format. I am now using a 5D Mark III and 7D Mark II, and I am still using my 1D Mark II. I have had a bunch in between my 1D Mark II and 5D Mark III that became hand me downs.  

I do have a wish list for Canon

Another APS-H camera. It would be sweet if Canon popped out a new camera that used the pellicle mirror and the APS-H sensor. I would also want dual CF slots and perhaps wireless connectivity, but definitely have weather sealing. I do many shots in the rain, which is one thing I love about the 1D series. Maybe some sort of blend between the 5D Mark III and 7D. I would like 8 ~10 fps and I am perfectly fine with 18~24mp. 

New Contributor

My name is Thomas Hawk.  I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark III.  I maintain a photography blog at http://thomashawk.com and am active on some of the social photo sharing sites.

New Contributor

Greetings from Canada!

My name is Jason, and I'm from Toronto.

I'm an avid enthusiast, and shoot with a 7D.

My lens collection consists of:

50 f/1.4

24-70 f/2.8

100 f/2.8 macro

70-200 f/2.8 IS II

I'm looking forward to watching what Canon has in store for this forum!

Occasional Contributor

Hello

My name is Alain and after I saw the link at Petapixel I came over to post some wish list for bodies and lens Smiley Very Happy

I think it is agood move from Canon to open up a bit more and hope they will consider our inputs. I opened up a Lens wish-list thread by the way, I hope you add your ideas.

I am enjoying a 1D4, after the 1D3, both great cameras. I love them because the AF points are place where I need them to be, and very precise.

I mostly use the 85II, or 200 2. I also use 24II, 24 TS-EII, 16-35II, 100 IS, and 14mm.

I shoot traditionnal Japan, like festivals and geishas etc.

Alain

www.alaindavreux.com

New Contributor

Hello

Hello everyone today I found this forum (too bad there is in Italy) and I joined. I speak very little English but I'll try 'to understand.

New Contributor

Intro

Hi all,

I am a long time Canon user, since I was a young and my dad handed me his AE-1 which I still have and use. 

Hope this forum really takes off and we can use each other to improve our skills, professional or hobbiest. 

-G.

Occasional Contributor

Howdy all! I am Kevin from San Antonio, Texas. I have been shooting for about four years now. My primary form of photography is drag racing. From time to time, I have started to venture into wildlife/bird photography.