cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself!

MichaelTheMaven
Contributor

I thought this would be a good thread for everyone to come in and tell a little about yourself, especially as the forum is just getting started.

My name is Michael Andrew, but I go by Michael The Maven. I have been a Canon shooter for almost 10 years now and I LOVE Canon gear. 

I started off primarily as a portrait and wedding photorgapher, after a few years of working as a videographer in the wedding industry in Alabama. For the past 5 years, I have run a free online photography school for beginning Canon shooters and have have produced several Canon training videos, many clips of which can be seen on Youtube. I am intimiately familiar with the following Canon gear:

Canon Rebel XSi

Canon Rebel T1i

Canon Rebel T2i

Canon Rebel T3i

Canon Rebel T4i

Canon 40D

Canon 50D

Canon 60D

Canon 5D

Canon 7D

Canon 5Dii

Canon 5Diii

Canon Speedlite 430, 580 Ex, Exii

Canon Speedlite 600

I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing my knowledge with you if I can help!

Michael

139 REPLIES 139

I am also in Medford, though I am moving to Klamath Falls in a couple weeks....I think you would like macro, you can use macro for landscape also, has very cool effect, love to shoot rivers in macro! not to mention close ups....have fun with your new camera, my first dslr was a digital rebel, and I plum wore it out!

I have a canon super zoom, though I have pretty much stopped using it...it is great out doors but if you're driving or in the back seat and shooting thru the glass....it will focus on the first thing it see, usually dirt , bugs or hard water spot...I dislike full auto in a camera.

joAnne ---why would you want to go to kfalls?  Very cold and can't grow a garden there.  However, if you like to shoot birds, there's allot of them, year round.

I like the cold and I like snow...and yes I do love shooting birds and old barns as well.

Thanks, yep, it's during the heat....

Betsywtaylor
Contributor

Hi, I'm Betsy and I am a hobbyist and fairly new to photography despite my age - 54;) I have become obsessed and absolutely love photographing action - sports and birds in flight. I have taken several classes at the Community College here in Nashville and am eager to keep learning as much as possible!

BrianDrourrPhot
Contributor

hay all new to the canon forums. I am a vermont based fine art and live music phtographer shooting the 6D and 5DmkIII (soon MkIV). everyone has their thing mine is finding crazy places to shoot from at night and telling the storry of what my world looks like while everone else is asleep! ARO AuroraSand Bar Spin Hellow can you hear me??

BrianDrourrPhot
Contributor

Hay all new to the canon forums. I am a vermont based fine art and live music phtographer shooting the 6D and 5DmkIII (soon MkIV). everyone has their thing mine is finding crazy places to shoot from at night and telling the storry of what my world looks like while everone else is asleep! ARO AuroraSand Bar Spin Hellow can you hear me??

rmrgdr
Contributor

Name is Gary, Born in Oregon, lived in SoCal the last 30 years. Retired at 63, have been taking pictures since I was 1o or so, with my Dad's WW2 Argus 1o, instamtics, various SLR film cameras, a previous Rebel, now a Rebelm EOS T6.

Enjoy all types of phoyos! 

Garciajr17
Contributor

Hello my name is jesus garcia and im new to the canon world id like to learn more about you're online training videos!

Announcements