Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Introduce yourself!

[ Edited ]

My first camera, an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic was purchased in Japan in 1969 (unfortunately stolen in 1980). This was followed immediately by an AE-1. I took a twenty or so year break from photography until August, 2016 when a T6i was purchased along with four lenses covering 10mm - 300mm. What a wonderful camera! Digital processing is an order of magnitude different from the old days when my brother had a complete b/w darkroom. My wife just bought a SX60HS which is another wonderful product.

My hero has always been Ansell Adams. I follow his "straight photography" concept out the window. Ninety percent of my photos are landscapes. Living in the foothills of the Colorado Rocky Mountains makes that an easy task. Deb and I just ordered a relatively high quality negative scanner so we can digitize our old film images. Now I can shoot b/w film with the AE-1 again. Smiley Very Happy For me black and white photography is the ultimate form of the art.

"A book's a great place to hide out in" - Trevanian
New Contributor

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hello! My name is Andrew! I am a beginner/amateur photographer in New Jersey. Back when I was in high school (class of 2015), I won a scholarship award for outstanding achievement in photography, and after a few years being very busy with working as a grocery cashier, I plan to get back into my favorite hobby going into college very soon.

I own a Canon Rebel T6i, a camera that I really enjoy using a lot for my nature hikes, especially with my mom. I chose Canon because I value peace of mind and reliablity with my products. Another reason being is that Canon's custumoer service is really fantastic. One time my T6i had an issue with the circuit board and they were able to fix it ahead of schedule and in good working order for free which really pleases me.

I can't wait to interact, speak, ask questions and learn new material with you all!