Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scan large images with the CanoScan 9000F Mark II

riley
Apprentice

I kept getting this error:

ScanGear

You are trying to scan an image exceeding 100 MB.

Reduce image size or switch off the thumbnails view mode,

when you want to scan this image.

OK

I couldn't find the fix anywhere online but I eventually figured it out myself. I'm posting it here so that other people don't have to waste time figuring it out.

The fix is to click the button in toolbar in the upper left corner of the ScanGear window. The icon looks like a photograph and a slide. The tooltip when you hover over it says "Switches on/off the thumbnails view mode".

This will switch the preview window to showing the entire scan area but you can still zoom in to adjust the scanning rectangle by clicking the magnifying class button in the toolbar.

There is another setting you may want to change in order to be able to scan even larger images.

- In the Canon IJ Scan Utility, click the "Settings" button.

- Click ScanGear in the list on the left.

- Check "Enable large image scans".

- You can also set the JPEG and PDF compression levels from here by clicking the "Settings" button.

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Hi Riley!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

Labrys
Apprentice

You are a hero! Thanks.

It also solved my problem with it cropping things I did not want to. went through all the settings 8 times and could not stop it. I totally ignored those silly buttons at the top lol!

Announcements