cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else wonder...

PhotosGuy
Apprentice

Does anyone else wonder...

1. If it's possible to private message a member?

2. Where is the access to the "Album" hidden? Or does it only automatically appear if/when we upload an image into a post?

And finally, & most important,...

3. I understand that some of this is necessary when running a public forum, but in reading the "Proprietary Rights" clause, the words appear to give up all the rights to any images uploaded here.

For reference, here's what it says:

Proprietary Rights
Please keep in mind that by posting any content to the Forum, you are indicating that your submission is voluntary, that you are the sole owner of the content and that you give Canon USA unrestricted, royalty-free, perpetual rights to publish, use, publicly perform such content, or any idea contained therein, or any portion thereof, in any way, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without territorial time or other limitation, for commercial, advertising/promotional or any other purposes, without consideration to you.  

Personally, I think that this goes too far.

8 REPLIES 8

Chris
Contributor

I just sent you a PM Frank. So that works.

http://www.chrisandrikakis.com

Thanks, Chris, & I got the email notification. Now if I could only find where they've hidden them!

Hey Frank,

If you look up in the top, right corner; underneath the Search button, you'll see a small, red envelope.  Click that and it will take you to your inbox.

"small, red envelope. "  Agggh! Thanks! I thought it was a drop down menu.

CanonEOS600D
Contributor
My main concern on #3 is if I post a link to my work, does that mean Canon also can use my works that is on my personal Flickr and Photobucket?

trulandphoto
Enthusiast

[...]

> Personally, I think that this goes too far.

Then don't post. As long as you know the rules going in you can't really complain. 

Same reason I don't do any of the magazine type photo contests.

-------------------------------------
http://trulandphoto.zenfolio.com/
http://trulandphoto.blogspot.com/

jfo
Rising Star

And finally, & most important,...

3. I understand that some of this is necessary when running a public forum, but in reading the "Proprietary Rights" clause, the words appear to give up all the rights to any images uploaded here.

For reference, here's what it says:

Proprietary Rights
Please keep in mind that by posting any content to the Forum, you are indicating that your submission is voluntary, that you are the sole owner of the content and that you give Canon USA unrestricted, royalty-free, perpetual rights to publish, use, publicly perform such content, or any idea contained therein, or any portion thereof, in any way, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, without territorial time or other limitation, for commercial, advertising/promotional or any other purposes, without consideration to you.  

Personally, I think that this goes too far.

wow, that goes WAY too far. 

I can see that be very stifling to an image-based community such as this.  e.g. if we're trying to help each other out regarding a photography technique, I would not post any images as examples because I am implicitly giving up rights on them.  No bueno!

This is something mods and Canon should address/change asap!

Bob_A
Apprentice
Yup, that goes way too far. Hopefully Canon will change this soon.
Announcements