cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Refurbished Camera Pricing Disappointment

KirkFish
Apprentice

I appreciate the Canon refurbished section but I am very disappointed  in the pricing.  I bought a camera-R7-less than a month ago on a camera that seems to be hard to keep in stock.  Yet within less than a month they have dropped the price by $300. from what I payed.  Everywhere that I purchase products from have a price guarantee except apparently Canon.  Very disappointed.  

7 REPLIES 7

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Was this for a body only or was it a body with a kit lens? If it was a kit with lens, was it with the exact same lens model for the two kits that you saw offered?

KirkFish
Apprentice

No this was a body only but it dropped from 1100. to 800.  Seems like a large drop in just a couple of weeks.  I am pleased with the camera, don't get me wrong, I just thought that was a lot of money to loose in just 2 weeks after purchasing.  

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

I have to agree. I guess it just seems a bit strange around here to see someone posting with concerns about a price decrease instead of an increase. 🙄

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I think he's referring to the sale last week.  He paid a bit more for his camera about 4 weeks previous.  They had some incredible deals.  Most items sold out within 24-48 hrs.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

KirkFish
Apprentice

I'm not talking about sales, I'm talking about refurbished.  I don't think canon considers that as a sales item as they aren't new.  The price had been the same for the past year until I purchased it and then it dropped by $300.  I'm sure that if you bought something that had been the same price for a year and then as soon as you bought it that it went down in price by that much you would feel a little taken as well. 

The price had been the same for the past year until I purchased it and then it dropped by $300.

Price reductions happen. It was unfortunate that your timing was bad, but not much you can do about it.  You're free to vent, of course, but this is a user forum and none of us can help you with this matter. Enjoy your camera. 

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I've noticed the refurb prices do move around (both up and down).  It's a game of timing.  I bought the R8 as a refurb in January.  Prices both a few weeks before, and a few weeks after were higher.  I paid $999... before it was $1,149... currently it is $1,099... and I have seen it as high as $1,199.  While I was fortunate to get it at the lowest of these prices, I would have been happy with any of them.  It's still like a new camera, and less than the regular non-refurb price of $1,349.  I call that a win even if I did pay the $1,199

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses
Announcements