cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 18x50 IS binoculars

fruitcop
Apprentice

I have a recntly acquired set of these binoculars.  I am the second owner, so no warrenty.  The IS button seems to stay in the on position, unless I tap it a second time.  My other 12 power set isn't like this.  Is this a problem or susposed to be this way on this model?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hello fruitcop!

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum.

What you are experiencing is normal.  There are two ways to operate the Image Stabilizer.

1. When you press and hold the button, the Image Stabilizer will operate continuously until you let go of it.
  2. When you press/tap the button, the Image Stabilizer will operate continuously without holding the button up to 5 minutes.  Pressing the button again stops the Image Stabilizer.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Mike, I have a set of 12x36 IS and love them.  Recently they have been constantly buzzing and loosing the stabilization part of the binos.  It's off and on and I have changed batts. to the same result.  I'm looking for the phone #, address for repair.  Thanks, Joe

Announcements