Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Blurry photos

I own a ten year old 7D that always took super sharp photos and had perfect exposure shooting sports photography.

I now get blurry and over/under exposed photos. This seems to have started after the firmware upgrade I did a few years ago.

I’ve had it professionally cleaned and serviced but it’s still not what it used to be.

Anyone else have this issue and found a fix ???
Respected Contributor

Re: Blurry photos

Did Canon perform the professional cleaning? If not (or, I suppose, even if) the AF might have been knocked out of whack. You should send the camera and lens to Canon for a check.

Use somethng like a lens align - even a yardstick at 45 degrees at 50x the focal length to check for front/back focus.

New Contributor

The cleaning was in hopes of finding the problem. They found nothing wrong inside the camera. The camera has never been dropped our hit but is getting old with tens of thousands of frames shot thru it.

I would hope a two thousand dollar lens would come without issues and it’s fairly consistent thru all of them so I don’t think it’s the lens.

Your suggestion to send it to the factory is probably the only option I have short of spending another two grand on a new body.

Thanks.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You should have really asked in the EOS forum above, most folks don't look down this far.

New Contributor

I didn’t know there were multiple forums. I’m sending it to canon in NY.