Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: shooting in raw but uploading as jpeg

Check that menu carefully.  You have set it to something other than what you wanted.  IMHO, I see no good reason to shoot both raw and jpg so I set it to raw only.

You might want to check the CF card carefully, too.  There may be raw on it along with the jpg.

A lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
Esteemed Contributor

ebiggs1 wrote:

Check that menu carefully.  You have set it to something other than what you wanted.  IMHO, I see no good reason to shoot both raw and jpg so I set it to raw only.

You might want to check the CF card carefully, too.  There may be raw on it along with the jpg.

Does the 5D2 have two card slots? On more recent cameras (5D3, 5D4, 7D2, ...), it's possible to put the RAW files on one card and the JPEGs on the other. The menu contortions required to do so are pretty obscure, so you're unlikely to do it by accident. But it's worth checking into if the 5D2 accommodates two cards.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Highlighted
VIP

"Does the 5D2 have two card slots?"

Bob as I recall it only has one CF slot.  But it has been awhile since I owned one.

A lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.