cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shooting in raw but uploading as jpeg

Crystalclear
Contributor

I shot a session in. (L) raw just as I always do. When I plugged my CF card in and pulled up my image folder in my computer (PC) the images show as JPEG I tested another card and the same thing happened. My camera is showing raw and my computer is showing jpeg. Any idea why this may be happening? I've never had this issue in the past.

12 REPLIES 12

Stephen

Hello Crystalclear,

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA, and welcome to the Canon Community Forums!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon camera you're using, any error messages you might be seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the software you're using (Canon EOS Utility, Digital Photo Professional, Adobe software, etc.)

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a PC so I believe windows vista. I'm not sure which software. Typically I plug in my card to a card reader to plug into my computer and drag photos from my card reader file in my computer into Lightroom. 

IMG_0595.PNG

Crystalclear
Contributor
That's odd. I've literally never changed the settings from raw on my camera. I'm using the canon 5d mark ii

It's a pretty complex piece of equipment, and you'd be surprised how often settings get channged by mistake! You have quite a few quality settings on the EOS 5D Mark II. Take a look at THIS ARTICLE to see all of them, and how you can go about changing the quality settings.

IMG_0596.PNG

What exactly does your camera say on this screen?

Check that menu carefully.  You have set it to something other than what you wanted.  IMHO, I see no good reason to shoot both raw and jpg so I set it to raw only.

You might want to check the CF card carefully, too.  There may be raw on it along with the jpg.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Check that menu carefully.  You have set it to something other than what you wanted.  IMHO, I see no good reason to shoot both raw and jpg so I set it to raw only.

You might want to check the CF card carefully, too.  There may be raw on it along with the jpg.

Does the 5D2 have two card slots? On more recent cameras (5D3, 5D4, 7D2, ...), it's possible to put the RAW files on one card and the JPEGs on the other. The menu contortions required to do so are pretty obscure, so you're unlikely to do it by accident. But it's worth checking into if the 5D2 accommodates two cards.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements