Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Trying to connect to Wi-Fi on my phone. What is the password???

I am trying to connect my new camera to my phone via Wi-Fi.  I got to the part where I have to JOIN the network on my phone.  It is asking for a password.  I don't remember setting a password on my camera.  Where can I find it?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Trying to connect to Wi-Fi on my phone. What is the password???

Walsh1234 wrote:

I am trying to connect my new camera to my phone via Wi-Fi.  I got to the part where I have to JOIN the network on my phone.  It is asking for a password.  I don't remember setting a password on my camera.  Where can I find it?

Thanks!

A Wi-Fi network password is defined and controlled by the Wi-Fi network itself, your wireless access point.  The password is used to join the wireless network.  The camera simply uses the password.

If you use a wireless router, then the password can be found in your router setup.  If you are using a wireless access point supplied by your Internet Service Provider [like a cable box] then you need to consult with them.  If you are not using your own wireless router, this is a good reason to invest in one of your own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Re: Trying to connect to Wi-Fi on my phone. What is the password???

Duh! Why didn't I think of that?  I will try it.

Thanks!!