cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tripod recommendations?? GorillaPod??

ambermic00
Apprentice

Hello everyone, im looking for something like those Gorillapods?? does anyone have any recommendations? I tried one from amazon and the screw mount was to big for my camera.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I personnaly have had good luck with the few joby products I have used.  Tripod mounts are standard, so tell us what model camera you have if you'd like a recomendation.  I have a Zomei tripod with a ball head...  B&H and Amazon have a multitude of tripods to select from in every size, weight and pricepoint.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@ambermic00 wrote:

Hello everyone, im looking for something like those Gorillapods?? does anyone have any recommendations? I tried one from amazon and the screw mount was to big for my camera.

There are two common sizes for mounting screws, and many tripods come with both. Sometimes the smaller one screws into the larger one. If you still have the tripod from Amazon, make sure that isn't the case before you give up on it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ambermic00
Apprentice

I have a Canon Rebel xs

I don't have the gorilla type tripod so I can't comment. They tend to look too flimsy for my taste.

I have tried the Manfrotto MTPIXI-B mini-tripod and a Pedco Ultrapod II and they are small but very strong.  I like the Pedco Ultrapod II best - you can also  wrap it around tree branches and column with the built-in velcro strap.  It can adequately hold the weight of a Canon 7DII with a 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 IS II USM lens which really pleasantly surprised me.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements