Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Site still down?? (iMage Gateway)

I'm trying to figure out why the iMage gateway site is still down.

I understand the need for periodic maintenance down-time, but it's been a couple day now. 

Suggestion: one the "site down due to maintenance" page, put a countdown timer or even a time/day when it will be up again. 

We use this to exchange references and images for design projects and this really has us looking for other services. Sending out a warning with times for these scheduled downtimes would also be a big help.

Re: Site still down?? (iMage Gateway)

Hi Rondodog! 

iMAGE Gateway should be back up soon! We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

We hope this helps! 

Esteemed Contributor

Rondodog wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why the iMage gateway site is still down.

I understand the need for periodic maintenance down-time, but it's been a couple day now. 

Suggestion: one the "site down due to maintenance" page, put a countdown timer or even a time/day when it will be up again. 

We use this to exchange references and images for design projects and this really has us looking for other services. Sending out a warning with times for these scheduled downtimes would also be a big help.

NEVER rely on the "cloud" for the preservation or availability of mission-critical data. Use it ONLY for casual sharing or offsite backup. ALWAYS have at least the original and one backup copy onsite of anything that matters. And DON't imagine that Canon's service is uniquely unreliable in this regard. Those as old as I am should recall the time when a rather prominent cloud service suddenly went bankrupt, and users had only two days to download their files, a task that was physically impossible to execute.

Check the B&H Web site. You may be surprised at how inexpensive an 8TB USB 3 hard drive is these days.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, Bob-- good advice (re: depending on cloud services).

Fortunately, we always have backup options for criticial stuff.  We just got spoiled by Canon's iMageGatewy's convenience and user-friendly interface (a lot of our artists are surprisingly non-tech). 

I was just concerned/curious as to why this maintenance downtime seemed to last longer than usual.