cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutli-chargers

ctata
Apprentice

Have always been surprised that canon doesn't have dual battery chargers for its products.  I'm going on a trip soon where there won't be much time at night to charge both of my LP-E6N batteries in sequence and really wanted a dual charger.  I looked at third party chargers, but the reviews left me too concerned to buy one, leading me back to why doesn't canon actually have this.  After all, once they've designed the single charger, it's relatively easy to make a dual.  And though I won't buy a second regular charger for $60, I wouldn't think twice about buying a dual charger at $100.  I really hope that canon addresses this, to me, it's about the biggest shortcoming they have.

4 REPLIES 4

A couple of possibilitied:

- Buy a third battery, giving you more flexibility for when, and for how long, you do your chatrging.

- Buy a cigarette lighter adapter, so that you can charge batteries in your car during the day, if that's feasible.

A third battery isn't a bad idea, though. If you're a busy photographer, two is cutting it a bit close.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@ctata wrote:

Have always been surprised that canon doesn't have dual battery chargers for its products.  I'm going on a trip soon where there won't be much time at night to charge both of my LP-E6N batteries in sequence and really wanted a dual charger.  I looked at third party chargers, but the reviews left me too concerned to buy one, leading me back to why doesn't canon actually have this.  After all, once they've designed the single charger, it's relatively easy to make a dual.  And though I won't buy a second regular charger for $60, I wouldn't think twice about buying a dual charger at $100.  I really hope that canon addresses this, to me, it's about the biggest shortcoming they have.

Battery grip.  I recently spent an entire day, nearly 8 hours, wandering around with my camera.  I got home and saw that I had shot about 700 photos, and still had full bars on my battery grip.  I admit to doing a couple of things to extend the battery life, liek dsiabling the automatic preview after every shot.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

For some reason I vaguely recall Canon may have once had a dual charger ... but only for 12v charging (e.g. while in the car).

This question pops up on internet forums from time to time and I don't ever recall Canon having a dual charger for 110 AC charging.  

Although one helpful comment I encountered was that if you have a single charger and it fails, you're done.  But if you have two separate chargers and one fails, you still have a working charger.

I have three Canon cameras that use the same batteries -- each having come with a charger.  

I've never come anywhere close to killing both batteries in the grip in just one day.  Usually I get them down the 75% full mark (meaning a single battery would have been run down to about 50%.)  Of course how much you get also depends on the age of the batteries and the number of recharge cycles it has had.

When I travel, I usually do just bring one charger along (even though I have more) and I pop one battery on at the hotel and go to dinner.  After dinner that battery is typically charged and I'll swap for the next battery and that takes care of both batteries.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

All the 1 series cahrgers are 'dual'.  Maybe what you are thinking of.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements