cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone Canon MM-200

henkwa
Contributor

i have here an old microphone Canon MM-200. Can somebody tell me what DC power this microphone needs. I would try to use it on a other camcorder (Panasonic V770) buth it  does not work

kind Regards,

Henk Waegebaert

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@henkwa wrote:

i have here an old microphone Canon MM-200. Can somebody tell me what DC power this microphone needs. I would try to use it on a other camcorder (Panasonic V770) buth it  does not work

kind Regards,

Henk Waegebaert

Is that the correct full model number for the microphone?  if so, then that microphone is too old for the internet.  Panasonic makes a few V770 microphone models, with different letters on the end..

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I got the mic from a friend. He got it from his father.

It's really a mic from Canon. The name Canon is on the mic and on the box.

It's  a stereo mic and it has an audio input connector.

So when you are filming, you can mix an external audio signaal with the sound that the stereo mic is captering.

I'm from Belgium (Europe). Maybe it's a model that has only been sold in Europe? But it is a mic from Canon (made in Japan)

What wadizzle means is that his Google-Foo failed.

Your best bet might be to see if what documentation you have and see if it lists any compatible cameras and look for the manual for *those*, the specs might list any phantom power capabilities.

Remember, Canon makes consomer to pro to very pro video equipment.

That's the problem. I have no documentation and on the internet , there's nothing to find about this mic.  Very rare microphone i think.  L1390559.JPG

Did you try to call Canon at the support number? A Canon person on this board let slip that the support folks have one of everything Canon has ever made. They might be able to help.

I have uncovered the fact that it was released circa 1988.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hallo Waddizzle,

Thanks for the research. 

Henk

I received a manual  from a person in Belgium. The mic needs 5V DC on the smallest minijack.  

Problem solved!

Dear henkwa, would you please e-mail me a copy of the MM-200 manual? If so, (information removed as per Forum Guidelines). Thx in advance, Bob.

Announcements