Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Linda Brown deceased

Ernie, I saw in the paper that eastern Kansas lost one of its most historically prominent citizens over the weekend. I don't suppose you ever had occasion to photograph her?

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Highlighted
VIP

Re: Linda Brown deceased

Not directly did I know her but indirectly I did.  We became friends with Bernice King in 2014.  We even had a concert dedication piece done in honor of her father Martin Luther King.  We commissioned Dr Gary Ziek from ESU to wirte it.

"In Remembrance of a King", here is the ESU concert band performing it. ESU Concert Band

Below is my son with Bernice King.

bk and will.jpg

bk.jpg

Bernice King and Linda Brown were firends. My indirect contact.  Brown vBoard of Education was the landmark United States Supreme Court case in which the Court declared state laws establishing separate public schools for black and white students to be unconstitutional.  This was in 1954.

A lot less stuff for 2018 but still a lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.