cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the years to come I want to be able to sell my nature photos, how do I do this? Any tips?

ilzho
Rising Star

Hello:

Have any of you sold your nature photos? This is something I would like to strive to do in the future, but I still have a lot to learn with photography, etc....

DId you sell them to a online stock website, directly to a magazine, an art shop for prints, through your own website??

This is a fun hobby, but if I can suplement my income with this hobby, even better.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

David

3 REPLIES 3

If you get anything remotely resembling an easy or straightforward answer to that question, be sure to let the rest of us know.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I know a guy who shoots nice nature shots around his place in Colorado. He moved a while back but he was trying to get a stock photo place to take his stuff they had an entry requirement; send them x number of photos at once, and of these x number have to be sellable quality, before they'd buy anything from you. He would get close, with 3 or 4 in a batch being winners, but not enough last I heard. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"This is a fun hobby, ..."

You will enjoy it more if it remains a "fun hobby".  Believe me, been on both sides!  The problem with selling your photos is, it is work.  If you don't work at it, you won't be successful.  How much time do you invest in your current job now?  Get the idea?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements