Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: How do I recover photos deleted from the memory card?

We use Recuva - it's pretty easy to use, just find the image(s) that you're wanting to recover and just save it to a place other than the camera card.  Just because you think you deleted images from your card, they're not really deleted.  Good luck!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Recovery programs might work, but it depends how much activity has been on the disk since you let them go. Start small, I've had success using Pandora Recovery https://www.pandorarecovery.com/sd-recovery.html in the past, worth a go with little cost/time involved.

New Contributor

Wow, thread in 2012! There are still so many people concerned about it! Obviously, recovering lost pictures from memory cards is a problem concern for many Canon users. I accidentally deleted all the pictures and videos from Canon EOS 700D last week, and I found a way to retrieve lost pictures and video files in Google. Since there are so many options, I really don't know which data recovery tool to choose. But now that I have successfully recovered the missing multimedia files, here are my experiences:
1) focus on the file formats supported by the image recovery software. Make sure it can restore Canon RAW Formats (CR2 and CRW).
2) do not buy any data recovery software unless it has found the missing files.
3) free data recovery tools may have some limitations, for example, it may not support restoring larger video files.
Hope to help those in need.Smiley Happy