cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hlw world!!! Canon facilites want to know

gdfgjdbh
Apprentice

Can I streaming Live Online show via canon?

[link removed per forum guidelines]

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, gdfghdbh!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi - look, I've just registered and I've tried to post a query on the relevant board as prescribed in "getting started" - this is as close as I've been able to get. So Danny, maybe you being the moderator you can help me.
My query is a bit odd because I want to find out the description of the unusual power plug on the Vixia HF-R400. I got a charger unit on Ebay but the plug doesn't fit even though it's close (Chinese). So I thought if I could get the right description I might be able to pick up just a plug. Canon doesn't seem to describe it, and everyone wants to sell only the complete box and dice. I found the ground (-) of the external camera supply and the battery are the same, but not the V+, which has DC IN 5.3V printed on the camera, whereas the camera plate has DC 3.6V on it - the battery supply. I've actually attached a socket to the battery (no easy job) so it can be kept topped up with a 3.7V inverter running off ten AA 2500mAhr rechargeables (12V), which gives me about 8000 mAhrs for a reasonably small battery pack.
It would be better, however, to drop the battery altogether if possible and just use the external power socket. Do you know what type of circuit (regulated perhaps?) is in the camera to account for the above two different voltage requirements? It would of course not be as efficient to use the 5.3V input - only just over double the AA battery mAhrs with a suitable inverter.
Cheers

Hi, teenasparkle!

If you're using a US-specification VIXIA HF R400, it's specifically designed to use battery charger CG-700, which you can order directly from Canon USA by clicking HERE.  The charger and the power cord are sold together and are not available separately.  If you're using the charger outside North America, you would need a plug adapter so that the power cord can fit in the local electrical outlets.  The charger would adjust to the power itself internally and no external power converter or inverter is needed or recommended.

While this information covers the US-spec battery charger CG-700, we cannot speak for accessories produced for other divisions of Canon outside the United States and we cannot guarantee their compatibility with US-spec products.

We hope this helps!

" I got a charger unit on Ebay but the plug doesn't fit even though it's close (Chinese)."

This is a mistake and something I strongly discourage.  Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yeah, you're not wrong! - As I've found out. Next time I'll stick with the real thing. 

Announcements