cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First DSLR

rdmeado
Apprentice

I have an EOS 750 and would like a DSLR. I have both an EF 50mm and 75-300 mm lens. The addition of video would be great.

I have been looking at T3i body only, T2i, T3. Any comments or advice would be great.

I plan to use the camera just for family stuff travel general pics and some wildlife. I am not a really serious photo guy but I would like to get better. 

2 REPLIES 2

eulothg
Contributor

I would recommend you get any of the three that fits your budget.  Any of them will be an excellent first camera for a first time DSLR shooter.  Get one of those, get used to it and find out if you are really serious about moving to a DSLR and turning photography into more than just a birthday/holiday event.  I'm sure you'll get 1 or 2 years or more out of any of those bodies and then at that point you'll know that you are either serious about it and will upgrade or that what you have is just fine.

kdd
Contributor

@rdmeado wrote:

<snip> I am not a really serious photo guy but I would like to get better. <snip>

take a class in photography. be picky about your teacher. maybe you could find a "pro" or a retired pro who would teach you. study photographs, particularly the lighting. as i tell my photo class, photography is about the manipulation and recording of light. sit down with your camera in hand (with the power on) and your camera manual and be prepared to spend a couple of hours reading and pushing buttons. then shoot an indoor and outdoor scene using all of your settings,especially the white balance settings. i had a student who found they liked shooting portraits using the sepia setting. they did some good work.

cheers from l.a.

Announcements