cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cotton Carrier Strapshot?

ScottyP
Authority

I'm taking a trip to Europe that includes Barcelona.  Been there before, and my dad was pickpocketed.  It was a little bitty woman, and luckily he noticed what she was doing and stopped it.  I plan to be carrying a camera, of course.

Does anyone have knowledge of the Cotton Carrier, and in particular the "Strapshot" which foregoes the whole vest thingy and instead consists of just a small holster and receiver clip that attaches to your backpack strap (or to your belt) with double redundant safeguards; a rotating locking insertion method, plus a leash/tether.

I like the idea it holds the camera up on your chest for walking in general, and that it holds it up and LOCKED to your chest for pickpocketing purposes.  I believe I can even leave my sling strap attached to the camera via their universal arca plate clip thingy.

Thoughts?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
1 REPLY 1

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I have no experience with the Cotton Carrier.  I have seen pick-pocket & slash resistant bags, backpacks, and camera straps. The main feature seems to be that they weave a thin metal cable through the straps and fabrics so that any attempt to cut through it would fail (they'd need something beefy to cut through it and that would draw obvious attention as to what they were up to). Clasps, snaps, etc. are usually also designed to take a little longer to open so that can't just unzip a compartment and take whatever is inside.

But while I have encountered ads and videos for these products, I've never used one.  I just know they exist.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements