cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confessional ...

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Forgive me for I have sinned... I have had lustful thoughts for another camera brand! Smiley Embarassed

While I, like many, have made the transition from film to digital (and probably won't return), I have often expressed a nostalgic yearning for a digital camera that looks and feels like my old Nikon F3, and Canon A1 SLRs. Now, I have developed a serious attraction for the Nikon Df camera - and this coming from a confirmed Canon user!!

I love the vintage look over the top of a really well provisioned digital FF camera. I wonder what one would be like with the Sigma 24-105 f4 Art lens... (lustful sigh...)

Cold showers for a week I suspect... Smiley Wink

Maybe Canon could look into that and make something FF that looks and feels like a Canon A-1???

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
17 REPLIES 17

@Danny wrote:

Hi, Waddizzle!

We can understand your frustration.  Registration is not required in order to activate your warranty.  It takes effect immediately upon the purchase of the product, and if your product were to require service, all we would need would be a copy of a valid receipt to verify your warranty status.

If your lens still needs attention from our technicians, click HERE to set up your repair online today.

We hope this helps!

Thanks Danny.  That is good to know.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Danny:

If you have ear of email of anyone who can do something with this in Canon please pass it on...

CANON, I WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU WERE TO CREATE A BODY, BASED ON THE CANON A-1, (because it has similar shooting modes to a DSLR) but with a great FF sensor & lens mount & appropriate processor to match the design of the Nikon FD. PLEASE!!!!  Nikon hav done this with their DF body and there are a lot of baby boomers like me who would really like the feel of a SLR in a DSLR.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Don't hold your breath for that to happen.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Agreed... but it would never happen if no-one expressed a desire! Smiley LOL

cheers, TREVOR

How about just getting Canon to design a sensor that competes with Nikon or Sony?  I'd go for that !

EB

John_SD
Whiz

@Tronhard wrote:

Forgive me for I have sinned... I have had lustful thoughts for another camera brand!Canon A-1???

Me too, however my desires are modest. I'd be quite happy with a Fujifilm X100T, or even a Ricoh GR II. Both for street photography -- a bug that I've been somewhat bitten by. Fortunately, either camera is quite attainable.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
LOL someone has been spending too much time at DXOMark or at DRreview.

You would know! Smiley LOL

EB
Announcements