Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
kronie

Canon Warranty for non authorized dealer purchase

[ Edited ]

Does Canon honor the USA warraties if its purchased from a non authorised dealer?

If I buy a new 5D MKIII from a non authorized dealer do I have a Canon 12 month warranty or not?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Michaeldigital

Re: Canon Warranty for non authorized dealer purchase

My previous experiences with Canon have been as long as you can supply a copy of the original invoice showing purchase date, item and serial number and purchase price they will honor the warranty. I do not know if this is still the case. I think an answer from someone at Canon would provide a more accurate up to date answer. I have also fould Canon repair service to be more than fair. 

Please use plain text.
Frequent Contributor
Samsen

Re: Canon Warranty for non authorized dealer purchase

[ Edited ]

I would say its a bit risky.

Yes the person at the main desk can make a decision on how to honor or not that warranty and for the minute chance that warranty can be denied, I won't risk buying from a non authorized seller. Usually the price difference is not that much so have a piece of mind and buy from authorized dealer. At least I prefer this way and buying that piece of mind, does make a difference for me.

BTW frequently authorized deals run a great deal on each model (Specially in this season) and you can even buy cheaper than non authorized dealer or with better kit package if you are not in hurry and know how to shop.

Please use plain text.