cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera

bhs
Apprentice

Hi,I am a high school student in my school's yearbook and publication clubs. We currently have a Canon camera that is getting old and does not take the best pictures anymore. We purchased the camera in 2007. I was wondering if you have a program in place to support schools in these programs? We publish a yearbook for our entire school K through 12th grade. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Post the model number of the camera, and any lenses that you're using, and hopefully someone else will get back to you.

Also, describe what type of photos you're taking?  Portraits?  Candid shots?  Action shots, like football and basketball games?  You could simply be in need of a few lessons, some practice, and more experience with using the gear. 

Do you have a sample photo that you can post?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

These are "community" forums -- which really means you're asking other camera owners.  There are Canon moderators but they are not support representatives.

However I can tell you that Canon does have a "loyalty" program which allows you to trade in a camera body for a pretty good discount on a newer model camera body  The details are not posted online anywhere and not all products are available via the trade-up program.  To inquire, you really have to phone Canon support to ask them about it.  They can tell you which products are available at the time (what they offer this month could be different next month).

In the pecking order of things... there's the newest gear (sold at full price), then the gear that's been out for a while and might have had it's price reduced, then there's the occasional sale,  then there's the Canon "refurbished" gear store (that's a section of their online website), and then there's the "loyalty program" price... it is typically the best discount you can get on gear.

As for the comment about "not taking the best pictures anymore"... we'd need more info.  Most ANY camera can take a great picture in good lighting.   They may not perform so well if you're trying to shoot in "challenging" circumstances (poor lighting, fast action + poor lighting, etc.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

"Canon does have a "loyalty" program ..."

In word only.  Not much of a thing any longer if it even still exists.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements