cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BATTERIES

jazzmangreene
Apprentice

I AM TRYING TO FIND A BATERY FOR AN, "OLD, LIKE NEW," CANNON PHOTURA 35mm CAMERA.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY MAY STILL BE AVAILABLE?????

MY GRANDAUGHTER NEEDS A NON-DIGITAL CAMERA FOR A SCHOOL PROJECT.

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION.

THANK YOU

EVERETT GREENE

9 REPLIES 9

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

That camera uses a 6V 2CR5 battery which was quite common for many Canon cameras in the 1990's.

It is still available but getting harder to find. Try your local camera store or an online retailer.  They generally sell for $5-$20.

_1 2CR5a.JPG

_1 2CR5.JPG

Mike Sowsun

THE INFORMATION I RECIEVED HERE WAS VERY HELPFUL.  I'VE ORDERED AND RECIEVED BATTERY.  CAMERA IS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.   THANKS TO ALL.....

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

B&H has them. Click here.

Amazon has them. Click here.

And the best, Adorama has them.  Click here.

I think they are still pretty comon. If you have a Batteries Plus near you they have them.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jazzmangreene
Apprentice

Thank You ebiggs1 for the info.  have orderd and can't wait to see if it still works.

jolietjim
Apprentice

A battery place told me the 2cr5 lithium would work in by new ST-E2 speedlite transmitter. But he said the rechargeable 2cr5 would not work. Do you know anything about rechargeable batteries not working in the Canon eos cams and transmitters?

@jolietjim wrote:

A battery place told me the 2cr5 lithium would work in by new ST-E2 speedlite transmitter. But he said the rechargeable 2cr5 would not work. Do you know anything about rechargeable batteries not working in the Canon eos cams and transmitters?

No, and I have no opinion on whether the particular assertion you report is true or not. But it's a fact that rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries generally work on different chemistry, resulting in slightly different voltages being produced. So it's not inconceivable that one type of battery would work in a given device, while the other one wouldn't.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

KINGKOR
Contributor

U can find them on ebay very cheap.  6V 2CR5

@KINGKOR wrote:

U can find them on ebay very cheap.  6V 2CR5

EBay?  No way.  Don't risk your valuable electronic gear on cheap batteries, just to save, quite literally, a dollar.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

KINGKOR
Contributor
I baught 10 energizer batteries
O forgot how much but it was a great price
Announcements