cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A1 35mm like new with 5 lenses. Any value? What do I do with it

KFriedel
Apprentice

I have my fathers old camera and all the lenses.   manuals and all.   What do I do with it?   Any value to selling it?  if so where?  if not, what do I do with it???  Hate to throw away something like this but I have no use for it.  Not much of a camera buff.

21 REPLIES 21

"I'm ok with doing some "work" to sell or do whatever with this equipment."

KEH is a choice and it will be easy but you will not get anywhere even close to what little your gear is worth.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Where abouts (NOT your address) roughly are you located please?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Me?  Kansas, USA.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Aploogies Ebiggs1, I forgot to identity to whom my query was directed.  Smiley Embarassed I hope the winter there is being kind to you! Smiley Happy

I was trying to find out where KFriedel i locatd!  If it was practical to do so I might be interested in buying his old gear.  I used to work with Canon A1s back in the 1980s, and although I have long since disposed of them for my gorwing museum of Canon gear!  I would be interested in purchasing the set, if it was in good condition and practical to do the transaction.  Knowing where (roughtly) KFriedel is would be helpful.

cheers:  Trev

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

@Tronhard wrote:

Aploogies Ebiggs1, I forgot to identity to whom my query was directed.  Smiley Embarassed I hope the winter there is being kind to you! Smiley Happy

I was trying to find out where @KFriedel i locatd!  If it was practical to do so I might be interested in buying his old gear.  I used to work with Canon A1s back in the 1980s, and although I have long since disposed of them for my gorwing museum of Canon gear!  I would be interested in purchasing the set, if it was in good condition and practical to do the transaction.  Knowing where (roughtly) @KFriedel is would be helpful.

Try sending the other party a PM, Personal Message, through the forum.  Can you see a red envelope icon at the top right?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Waddizzle!  Thank you for your kind and helpful suggestion. Smiley Happy

I had actually tried to do that earlier but I could not find any trace of it later when I looked.  Perhaps I breached the protocols by encllsing personal information in the private post - I included my email address in the PP.Smiley Frustrated

cheers, TREVOR

Hi Tronhard!

We don't read your private messages, just the ones that are posted publicly. We do remove personal information when it's posted for the world to see (for your protection), and we obviously encourage you to use discretion when disclosing personal information in private.

We hope this helps!

Hi Stephen:

First of all, thank you for your very helpful explanation! Smiley Happy

So if I sent a PP to this gentleman with my email address it should have been OK.  Is there any reason why I could not see it somewhere later?

cheers: Trev

cheers, TREVOR

Hi Trev!

If you sent a message, you should be able to see it in your "Sent Messages" tab. You should see a red envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen. Click there, then look for the "Sent Messages" tab. If you don't see it there, you might not have sent the message by mistake. There's no harm in re-sending it if you don't see it there!

We hope this helps! 

Hi Stephen

Ah yes, I have found it.  I'm a bit challenged with seeing things well as I have cataracts (that I hope to have removed soon) and the icon was a bit small.  Yep, my message is there, so the ball is in the recipient's court!

Appreciate everyone's patience and help. Smiley Happy

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements