cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the easiest way for Canon 1DX with WFT E6D to send pictures to Samsung Android?

mchickenwing
Apprentice

any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi mchickenwing,

To transfer images wirelessly with the WFT-E6 series of transmitter to a smartphone the WFT Server mode should be used. This mode allows you to use the web browser of the phone to view images on the memory card of the camera, download them to the phone, as well as shoot remotely.

More information on this can be found in the manual for the WFT-E6 series transmitter HERE. I recommend going through the setup procedure in Chapter 1, and then moving ahead to the WFT Server information in Chapter 4.

If you run into any issues with this, or just have additional questions, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support group HERE or at the link below.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/contact-support/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@mchickenwing wrote:

any help appreciated

I suppose this is way off-topic, but it blows my mind that someone who uses a 1DX cares a whit about sending pictures to a cell phone.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I briefly considered the wireless transmitter because I don't really trust the pin socket connectors of CF and Cfast cards for high duty cycle operation but instead I use the Gigabit ethernet port on my HP workstation which provides fast transfer without removing and inserting cards.

When I was primarily using my 1D Mark II DSLR I mainly used SD cards which have large robust connectors and I didn't worry about always putting the card into a reader but with the 1DX M2 the only time I pull cards in and out is when I fill one on a trip and that is an infrequent occurrence.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read the post.

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi mchickenwing,

To transfer images wirelessly with the WFT-E6 series of transmitter to a smartphone the WFT Server mode should be used. This mode allows you to use the web browser of the phone to view images on the memory card of the camera, download them to the phone, as well as shoot remotely.

More information on this can be found in the manual for the WFT-E6 series transmitter HERE. I recommend going through the setup procedure in Chapter 1, and then moving ahead to the WFT Server information in Chapter 4.

If you run into any issues with this, or just have additional questions, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support group HERE or at the link below.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/contact-support/

hi is there any other way to do this ?   its very clumsy to use browser from smartphone, manually click and download.   any plans for the 1DX and WFT E6D to improve this functionality pls?

Announcements