cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed of SD card is required for eos 50D to take Time-lapse using RAW image quality and some video.

OliverEOS50D
Apprentice

What speed of CF Men card is required for an EOS 50D to take time-lapse images in RAW image quality also some video.

It was suggested that 600X to 800X should be fast enough,  I do not know what speed  or Max Capacity mem card the 50D can facilitate. any help will be appreciated.

Thanking you, Oliver EOS50D.

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is best to use what your camera is rated and tested for.  In your case.................

Compact Flash Type I or II (inc. FAT32) and it supports UDMA cards

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you very much for you help, I will go and take your info on bord. Thanking you again Oliver.

Canon 50D has a writing speed of 70 MB/s.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@OliverEOS50D wrote:

What speed of CF Men card is required for an EOS 50D to take time-lapse images in RAW image quality also some video.

It was suggested that 600X to 800X should be fast enough,  I do not know what speed  or Max Capacity mem card the 50D can facilitate. any help will be appreciated.

Thanking you, Oliver EOS50D.

With the most recent firmware update the 50D is compatable with UDMA 7. However, the speed of card required would be dependent on your frame rate. If your time lapse is 1 frame per second or less, any speed CF card should be fine.

Announcements