cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recommended fixed lens for 7d

ahering
Apprentice

I've been reading several reviews and comments about fixed/prime lens. However I get the feeling that uses for each are more related to cameras with full frame rather than camereas with cropped x1.6 sensors such as the 7D.  For example, 50mm 1.2 for events and most type of outdoor photography and 85mm 1.2 for portraits. So should I consider then the 35mm 1.4 for events and the 60mm 2.8 for portraits? My question probably is, should I adjust the type of lens I need just because of my camera type? Am I doing it right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cicopo
Elite

You're on the right path. The one other thing to know about all of it is that the crop body also has a greater depth of field than a FF body at the same aperture. 30 mm is about the same as a 50 & the 50 is close to the 85 when comparing a 1.6 crop to FF.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

cicopo
Elite

You're on the right path. The one other thing to know about all of it is that the crop body also has a greater depth of field than a FF body at the same aperture. 30 mm is about the same as a 50 & the 50 is close to the 85 when comparing a 1.6 crop to FF.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements