cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D "Unselectable image" when picking image for use in multiple exposure

caugheyd
Apprentice

(just answered my own question...)

I am trying to use my 6D's Multiple Expsure feature, shooting with Image Quality RAW.

When I enable multiple exposure, I have the option to "select image for multi. expo".

This then lets me scroll through a subset of the photos on my card, with the message "Only compatable img's displayed".  But when I press the SET button to select one of these compatible images, I get an "Unselectable image" message.

I was going to ask what to do...

But it turns out that if you have the "Highlight Tone Priority" setting (same menu as "Multiple Exposure") set to "D+" rather than "Off", then the images are not selectable for multi expo even though they are listed as compatible images.

Hope this helps someone else who might be banging their head against the wall...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8 REPLIES 8

Rhwalk1
Contributor

i am trying to do the double exposure and i keep getting unseletable image.  I have tried what you said but it still will not let me select any images.  are there anyother settings i have go set?

Randy Walker

Changing the setting will not have any effect on existing photos.  You need to take some new photos with that settings disabled.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Well, here is the solution . You can only select RAW image as first record image on the card. You can not select M RAW/ S RAW or JEPG.

I was in same problem . I was not able to select image for multipleexposure,  when it comes to select image for multiple exposure. 

Later I tried to record RAW image on the card and went to select image for multiple exposure , it worked . 

Then I open the user manual of 7d mark ii , on page 243 the procedure to take multiple exposure from recorded file is available.  

Go through if you have same camera. Else try this option as I mentioned above.

GRP
Apprentice

I have tried all the above and still can't access a single image as my first image for a multiple exposure. Still get message 'unselectable image'. If however I have made a multiple exposure and saved it I can select this successfully.

What I have done, turned off High Tone Priority, checked I am shooting in RAW, taken new images since turning off HTP.

Any suggestions?

Are you in 3:2 format?

Untitled.jpg

GRP
Apprentice

Many thanks. I continued to experiment and dropped on to the solution which is as above. I normally shoot in 1:1 or 16:9 and therein lies the problem. Switched to full-frame and it worked. 

Susan85739
Apprentice

I have exactly the same problem.  I can select the multiple image, but cannot select a single image.  Any other suggestions. I have an R5.

Susan85739
Apprentice

Actually, I just tried taking more pictures after doing all the settings.  The new pictures are selectable, but the previously taken images are not.  Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Announcements