cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Movie recording has been stopped automatically"

GaryD
Apprentice

Recently, using my 60D in very cold Wisconsin weather, I've had the message "movie recording has been stopped automatically."  I've used my 60D in all kinds of temps but recently in Wisconsin the overnight temps are getting into the the minus single digits so when I go out to shoot homes in the early am it is cold.  I am using a SanDisk Ultra 16G 30mb/s 10.  It seems that once the camera "warms" up a bit, it shoots fine and I don't get the message.  This happens when I come in from the cold outdoors and begin shooting inside.  I've had no issues with the pictures, just the video portion.  Any ideas? Condensation perhaps?

3 REPLIES 3

Yorptunes
Enthusiast

60D operating temperatures according to two WEB sources is 32F to 104F.  I suggest a camera overcoat or some way to keep the camera in that temperature bracket when shooting.  I hope the cold temps break for you soon.  

John  

I checked amazon "DLSR Camera Cold Weather Covers" I saw one cover for 39 Bucks.  I didn't look further.  

Good investigating work!  Your discovery makes sense.  I wonder if my rain bonnet might work to keep it a little warmer.  I'll be thinking about a solution.  Thanks much!  I'll check out some solutions on the web.

Announcements