cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the swivel screen on the 80d replaceable?

SeizeTheKarp
Apprentice

so my camera took a spill the other day while filming and ive dented the corner of the frame for my lcd. is the frame replaceable or is the entire lcd replaceable? i cant put a screen protector on it at the momment. id really hate to use my protection plan 3 weeks into owning the camera sice the screen still works and all

12 REPLIES 12

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Any camera that is dropped and,"ive dented the corner of the frame for my lcd", probably should go to Canon for a check up.  Damage can be concealed and show up later when you least want it to.

However, don't lie to them.  Tell then exactly what happened.  Truth is always the best policy and most honorable.  If need be pony up for the repair.  After all it was your fault.

The OP has already stated the they have "smart guard protection", which covers drops and accidents.  It should be fixed at no charge, except for perhaps shipping.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"...they have "smart guard protection"..."

He was reluctant to use it.  Any drop that is hard enough to damage something needs to get checked out.  At any rate he needs to be honest about it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tim
Authority

Hello SeizeTheKarp, 

Others here have suggested sending the item for service, either through your third party warranty or through Canon directly.  If you decide to go this route you can set up service through Canon here.  

If you wanted to try and order a replacement part the best place to check will be Canon's Jamesburg parts order center.  Bear in mind that, due to liability issues, we are unable to provide you instructions on how to conduct repairs.  If the part is available and if you purchase said part, you assume the responsibility of replacing it.

Their number and address is below if you wished to contact them and see if the LCD frame is indeed something you can order.

Jamesburg Parts Order Center

100 Ridge Road
Jamesburg, NJ 08831

Phone: (866) 481-2569

Business hours: 9 AM to 7 PM (ET) Monday to Friday

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements