cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to use TC- 80N3 with canon 70d?

josephus656
Apprentice

70d,5d

2 REPLIES 2

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Yes there is.  But this is where it gets strange.

Canon actually makes the adapter.  If you buy a Canon 60Da (a special version of the 60D adapted for astrophotography) you actually GET this adapter included with the camera.

The Canon part is called the "RA-E3"

Now here's where it gets strange... I have _never_ been able to figure out how to buy one of these from Canon other than buy purchasing an entire Canon 60Da system so that you can get the one they include in the box.

I did find the following on eBay which is basically the same part:  

[Mod note - removed link per FORUM GUIDELINES]

If someone from Canon can chime in and tell us how to buy the Canon part RA-E3, I'd love to hear how you do this.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

After a bit of searching, I finally found someone at Canon that helped me find it.  The RA-E3 adapter is available from Canon's Jamesburg Parts Order Department at 866-481-2569.  You may have to talk the Customer Service rep through what you need because it's not part of the "regular stuff" that they ship.  Specifically, they may not find it in their catalog as what they sell is usually replacement PARTS, not accessories (as this is).  So be prepared to be patient if he/she doesn't initially understand.

The adapter is about $45 plus shipping and tax, which is rather steep considering the cost of a new remote, but I use a couple of different remotes that made it worth it for me.

Announcements