cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is canon discontinuing the 60D model? it is out of stock online and missing from their new catalog

Aviroop
Apprentice

I wanted to get the canon 60D wich i believe is superior to the 700D and it also kinda fits my budget. But i cant find it anywheere now. It has run out of stock on every major online site and the new canon catalog also has no mentionn of it. This is making me rethink my decision as i am afraid if they have discontinued this model in which case i would hesitate to buy it. also it was relseased in 2010. so its been a good many years. are the planning to realse a new version in that catagory any time soon? i have been looking online for these answers and nothing useful so far. please help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray-uk
Whiz

Unless you can find a new (old stock) 60D in a dealers somewhere then you are out of luck.

The 60D was replaced by the 70D which has now been replaced by the 80D.

The 80D is one of the most recent updates to the Canon range is widely believed to be a great improvement over the previous models.

View solution in original post

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Aviroop wrote:

I wanted to get the canon 60D wich i believe is superior to the 700D and it also kinda fits my budget. But i cant find it anywheere now. It has run out of stock on every major online site and the new canon catalog also has no mentionn of it. This is making me rethink my decision as i am afraid if they have discontinued this model in which case i would hesitate to buy it. also it was relseased in 2010. so its been a good many years. are the planning to realse a new version in that catagory any time soon? i have been looking online for these answers and nothing useful so far. please help.

Yes, the 60D is dicontinued. The 80D has been released. Take a look at the 70D it has everything the 60D had, and most of what the 7D had. With the release of the 80D the 70D can be found at a bargain. 

EOS 70D EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Lens Kit Refurbished - $729.99

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ray-uk
Whiz

Unless you can find a new (old stock) 60D in a dealers somewhere then you are out of luck.

The 60D was replaced by the 70D which has now been replaced by the 80D.

The 80D is one of the most recent updates to the Canon range is widely believed to be a great improvement over the previous models.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Aviroop wrote:

Yes, the 60D is dicontinued. The 80D has been released. Take a look at the 70D it has everything the 60D had, and most of what the 7D had. With the release of the 80D the 70D can be found at a bargain. 

@TTMartin wrote:

And the 70D has autofocus microadjustment, which they unaccountably left off of the 60D.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

BlairW
Enthusiast

Check Amazon if you still want a 60D, they still have a few new and several used. I have one but also just bought an 80D and am very happy with it. 

@BlairW wrote:

Check Amazon if you still want a 60D, they still have a few new and several used. I have one but also just bought an 80D and am very happy with it. 

WARNING!!! Amazon does not have any new cameras in stock. Only 3rd party sellers have new ones, and they are selling them at a premium (think collectors item) prices. Those cameras aren't even shipped by Amazon so returns will be a hassle. Please do not fall for that. 

@TTMartin wrote:

@BlairW wrote:

WARNING!!! Amazon does not have any new cameras in stock. Only 3rd party sellers have new ones, and they are selling them at a premium (think collectors item) prices. Those cameras aren't even shipped by Amazon so returns will be a hassle. Please do not fall for that. 

I strongly second Tom's advice. The 60D is, or at least was, a pretty good camera. But a "collector's item" it isn't.  Smiley LOL

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I stand corrected but at any rate I’m pleased with my 80D now my 60D is a backup.

@TTMartin wrote:

@BlairW wrote:

I agree.  If you cannot buy it in Canon's Online Refurbished Store, then buy a new camera from a reputable dealer.  i do not know of any that sell through Amazon or eBay, but that does not mean they are not out there.

I buy most of my gear online from one of the biggest Canon dealers around B&H Photo Video.  They are also reported to be a decent place to buy used gear, along with KEH.  I know folks who are happy with them.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements