cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware update on canon 70D

Canon70D1
Apprentice

My camera shuts off automatically I have a promaster professtional HD sd card 64GB class 10 u1 (it recorded for 25 minutes) but what if I want to shoot a longer video wedding or something that would not look good shutting off...is there a setting i'm missing on my camera tried researching but still not sure whats going on.  I'm also looking for how many minutes/hrs. a 64GB can even record roughly is there a site for that? I'm wondering how can I see if maybe the firmware is out of date? how would I be able to get canon to tell me what the latest version should be? or has anyone ran into their camera shutting off and having a good memory card? Any professionals out there with the answers... Please let me know thx.

3 REPLIES 3

@Canon70D1 wrote:

My camera shuts off automatically I have a promaster professtional HD sd card 64GB class 10 u1 (it recorded for 25 minutes) but what if I want to shoot a longer video wedding or something that would not look good shutting off...is there a setting i'm missing on my camera tried researching but still not sure whats going on.  I'm also looking for how many minutes/hrs. a 64GB can even record roughly is there a site for that? I'm wondering how can I see if maybe the firmware is out of date? how would I be able to get canon to tell me what the latest version should be? or has anyone ran into their camera shutting off and having a good memory card? Any professionals out there with the answers... Please let me know thx.

No still camera can shoot a video longer than thirty minutes. That protects it from being considered a video camera by countries that levy higher tariffs on video cameras.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Look on page 266 of your Instruction Manual for the "Total Movie Recording Time and File Size Per Minute" table.

EOS_80D_MovieRecordingTimes.JPG

That is from a different camera, 80D, but is typical of current, consumer-oriented, Canon DSLRs.  If you wish to shoot a longer video clip, then I suggest investing in a camcorder, or a professional video camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Canon70D1 wrote:

My camera shuts off automatically I have a promaster professtional HD sd card 64GB class 10 u1 (it recorded for 25 minutes) but what if I want to shoot a longer video wedding or something that would not look good shutting off...is there a setting i'm missing on my camera tried researching but still not sure whats going on.  I'm also looking for how many minutes/hrs. a 64GB can even record roughly is there a site for that?

I'm wondering how can I see if maybe the firmware is out of date? how would I be able to get canon to tell me what the latest version should be?

or has anyone ran into their camera shutting off and having a good memory card? Any professionals out there with the answers... Please let me know thx.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements