cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

factory service complaint involving return packaging

character_stops
Enthusiast

I was home when FedEx returned my repaired camera and lens. I heard a LOUD boom at the gate where the delivery guy had dropped the box. I was extremely disappointed to find that there was no FRAGILE tape on the box at all. If there had been, the delivery guy would almost certainly have PLACED it on the ground instead of DROPPING it. The whole reason I sent my equipment in for service and repair in the first place was because of a drop incident. At the time I was not even sure the damage to the INNARDS the incident had caused. For all I know, all the money spent on the repair will have been for nought. The innards may now be as off-kilter as before, and I simply think it is unbelievable that the factory repair center does not use FRAGILE TAPE when they send equipment back to Canon customers. Doing so would have essentially prevented this from occuring. This will definitely affect doing business with Canon in the future.

4 REPLIES 4

John_B
Rising Star

Hello character_stops and thank you for your feedback! We are sending you a direct message for more information.

Are you asking me for more information?

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...If there had been, the delivery guy would almost certainly have PLACED it on the ground instead of DROPPING it."

C'mom, don't you ever believe that.  Consider yourself lucky he didn't throw it to you!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1 wrote:

"...If there had been, the delivery guy would almost certainly have PLACED it on the ground instead of DROPPING it."

C'mom, don't you ever believe that.  Consider yourself lucky he didn't throw it to you!

When I saw the OP's message yesterday, I happened to have a box handy that Canon had used to send me a camera or lens after it had been cleaned and inspected. It had no "Fragile" warning on it, but it was far larger than the device it had contained and had been filled with soft packing material. Canon ships a lot of stuff via Fedex in boxes like that; chances are they know what they're doing.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements