cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting 5D I to MacBook Pro

emmacarambola
Apprentice

I can't get my EOS Utlity to open up the Camera to download images to my MacBook Pro.

I have checked that the MacBook Pro recognises the device. But it just isn't pairing. 

Is this because the MI is so old and the software is not compatible? How can I resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@emmacarambola wrote:

I can't get my EOS Utlity to open up the Camera to download images to my MacBook Pro.

I have checked that the MacBook Pro recognises the device. But it just isn't pairing. 

Is this because the MI is so old and the software is not compatible? How can I resolve this?

How are you trying to connect to the camera?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Via USB cable. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Tim
Authority

Hello emmacarambola, 

Since your camera uses an older way of communicating with the computer, you won't be able to use the Canon software for downloading images from your camera.

With that said, you can still download images if the camera is in the PTP mode. On your camera, this can be done by turning the camera on and putting the camera in the P, TV, AV, or M mode on the round dial up top.

From there, press the MENU button, and scroll down to the listing that says COMMUNICATION. Highlight it and press the SET button, then select PRINT/PTP. Then connect to the computer, turn on the camera and see if the computer gives you options for downloading the pictures.

Another option is to consider purchasing a card reader. Card readers are relatively inexpensive, most electronic stores carry them for $25 or less, and these card readers make it much easier to download to your computer. If you do purchase a card reader, be certain to select a card reader that can handle the same card that your camera uses.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements