cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 70d different versions ?

scottmurray
Contributor

I have been lookingat a Canon 70D ..  I actually ordered one  then I recieved a phone call saying the company wanted to discuss my purchase.  First they wanted me to buy a $200  battery..   then a $90 Sd card.  Then  he said .  You do know that this is a import version and it does not have Wifi  and there was something else that it did not have, seems like it only had Japan for a language or something..   Well as I was sitting in a airport  and  not happy about being called  I cancled the order.   Is there any one out there that can shed light on this  so that I dont  get a stripped down  model .. If there really is one.

Thanks !!

5 REPLIES 5

That's a known trick of unscrupulous vendors. They advertise a very low price; but then when you try to buy the product, they come up with all sorts of excuses to sell you add-ons you don't need and probably can't use. You did the right thing to cancel the order before you got badly stung.

The solution is to deal with reputable vendors only and to recognize that if a deal appears too good to be true, it probably is.

BTW, it's not implausible that the camera they tried to sell you is intended for use in Japan only. Their wi-fi setup is considerably different from ours (more restrictive as to available channels, etc.).

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I  wrote them a nice note  when I got home about bait and switch tactics  ..   but  to clairify  how do I know I have the "full version "  ??

The Wifi version is the 70d (W) and the other is the 70D (N) it should say the model on the box. Mine does it's the (W).

Thanks  that helps alot !  

"I  wrote them a nice note  when I got home about bait and switch tactics ..."

Like they care!

Use B&H or Adorama. Talk to a real salesperson that will explain all you want to know.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements