cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon 60d won't take photo vertical position

elis02
Apprentice

Hello,

I have canon 60d that doesn't take photo at all when in vertical 90 degrees and shows err20.

Like something gets stuck when trying to take a photo. (no click)

Also, when removing the objective the mirrors wont flip when clicking the 'take photo' button.

when doing vertical minus 90 degrees, that is vertical the other direction, it works (and ofcourse when horizontal photo also works)

I shold add that in this position the mirror doesn't even fold.

Any ideas why is that? And if I can fix it manually without going to a repair lab?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Bite the bullet, and call Canon.  All moving parts are precisely aligned inside of the camera.  Not exactly a DIY task.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Ray-uk
Whiz

Yes definitely a mechanical fault, nothing that you can do yourself.

Just to be clear: You're using the same shutter button every time, right? I.e., you're not using a battery grip with a second shutter button for use in the vertical position?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

all the same. same button. If I turn it +90 degrees it doesn't work but if I turn the camera -90 degrees it takes the photo. Weird...

@elis02 wrote:
all the same. same button. If I turn it +90 degrees it doesn't work but if I turn the camera -90 degrees it takes the photo. Weird...

Sounds like one of those cases where there's a loose screw rolling around inside. I don't recall that ever being reported on a 60D, but I guess there's always a first time.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements