cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buying 2 bodies:5d Mk III+60D backup vs 7D+6D since they have shortcomings? Thoughts?

bbny31
Contributor
With a budget of about $3000 and wanting to upgrade two of my bodies I was considering a new 7D and a new 6D.
However with all that I have read regarding the shortcomings of each I'm considering buying the superior 5D Mark III used along with a 60D as a back up for about the same $.
I know many love the 6D, as well as the 7D but I've concluded that they just don't compare to the 5DIII (shutter speed, focus accuracy, card slots, focus points) and, athough the 60D is perhaps lesser of a camera, as a back up I'm in line with my budget.

Any thoughts?

(I'm shooting mostly birds, concerts, some landscapes.  Using all pro L lenses).
11 REPLIES 11

"Thought's"

Yes, get the 5D Mk III.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

this is a no brainer....get the Mark3 and backup with a 5d classic...still a very viable camera that produces excellent images..you would be hard pressed to see the difference in enlargements to 20x30 as long as your iso is not higher

than 800...even then...very useable images to 1600. That way both your cameras are full frame....I hate mixing up

camera aspects when shooting a job. The plus is that you can get a clean 5d classic for about 600. You know, so

many people have to have the latest and greatest...they forget the REAL path to excellence is the skill of the the

operator. I just sold my last 5d classic this year and used it along with my 5d mark 2...most of my samples in my

studio are still from this great camera....they are outstandingly sharp ...even at 20x30. If someone said I was restricted

to shooting with this camera for the next few years...I wouldn't really be sad.

Announcements