Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

busy

Canon_60d_user
Apprentice

Hi

To start, i'm not a native speaker..

I use my canon 60d in movie mode. Lately, sometimes my camera doesn't do anything when i switch it on. This weekend i was filming for about two hours. And when i wanted to switch it on again, nothing happened. The lcd view remained black and i didn't hear the mirror coming up. The card was formatted (class 10). I tried switching the lens from manual to auto and back, nothing happened accept the message busy on top. The batteries where loaded. After 15 minutes and trying for about 15 times, suddenly the camera did work again. Would be great if anyone has a suggestion what could be the problem, this stresses you out when you are working...

thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The camera will shut itself down if the image sensor begins overheating.  The manual warns about this during extended use of Live View or Movie Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"The camera will shut itself down if the image sensor begins overheating."

That is because it is not a 'true' video camera.  If video is your main most thing invest in a real video camera. Your DSLR is a still camera that does video. It not a video camera that does stills.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I never had this problem before.

@Canon_60d_user wrote:

I never had this problem before.

"This weekend i was filming for about two hours. And when i wanted to switch it on again, nothing happened. The lcd view remained black and i didn't hear the mirror coming up. The card was formatted (class 10). I tried switching the lens from manual to auto and back, nothing happened accept the message busy on top. The batteries where loaded. After 15 minutes and trying for about 15 times, suddenly the camera did work again."

Obvoiulsy, something has changed, and not for the better.  I'd venture to say that a complete failure could be imminent.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Wow that sounds very bad but thanks for the answer. While i might use it mainly in movie mode, i use it for about 2 hours a week i would say. I didn't know that would be so hard for the camera, bought a couple of really nice lenses. Guess next time another one indeed.

"I never had this problem before."

Were the conditions and situation exactly the same?  It would be a stretch to claim eminent failure is coming.

1 hour and 59 minutes might not have been long enough to over heat the electronics? 2 hours might be!  It is not a video camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements