cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

af help

irish626
Contributor

Great Blue Heron looks  rather soft to me. Your thoughts.Shot with Canon 70D, EF-S 55-250mm @250MM, f 5.6. TV mode 1/1250, ISO 800Untitled 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KV,

Thanks for your reply and I did crop this pic in Preview on my mac laptop as the original was too large to attach to my post and the only way I know is to crop it. So you are spot on as to resizing. Just still trying to get a grip on the af system and settings. Still learning!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

diverhank
Authority

It looks to me that the heron was in focus. The eye looks pretty sharp to me.   It might be just the limit of what this lens can do.

I may be wrong but I think this picture was overprocessed?  Also, this picture background is so busy I'm surprised it turns out this well.   I too have many like this and I would not keep any of them.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

It appears to be a copy and paste from some other program. Note the hint of a bounding box.

KV,

Thanks for your reply and I did crop this pic in Preview on my mac laptop as the original was too large to attach to my post and the only way I know is to crop it. So you are spot on as to resizing. Just still trying to get a grip on the af system and settings. Still learning!

If you install Canon's Digital Photo Professional on your Mac you can see what focus points were used for the shot. (Unless, possibly, you use the distortion correction.)

Oh, and Photos will let you export the image at a lower resolution and keep the EXIF data we can use to troubleshoot.

Diverhank

I was messing around with the original in Preview on my mac laptop pro and did change some coloring and tones etc and then I could not get back to the original so it could very well be overprocessed. I struggle with the af settings on the 70D and end up with out of fucous pics more often thn not. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Announcements