cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you trade a 60d for a 7D or 5d mark ii?

AutumnApple
Enthusiast

Assuming they're all in moderate-used condition (maybe 20-40k clicks each), no significant wears, and you have lenses that will work on all these cameras.

Would you consider to trade your Canon 60D for Canon 7D or add $100 more and have the full-frame 5d mark ii and why?

13 REPLIES 13

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@AutumnApple wrote:

Thank you all for your advices. After testing, I agree that 7D suits me better. My main subject in almost every photos, the toddler,she is fast, I get more keeper photos with 7D. Plus I feel like robbing my friend  for trading my 60d for her 5D II with just $100 extra cash Smiley Very Happy even though she doesn't care. If I have extra cash laying around in near future, I might buy it off her just to explore the full-frame world, but right now, I don't really need it yet. 

Going full-frame can be an expensive undertaking, and you should have at least one substantive reason for it - not just exploring the FF world. In my case, I was doing event photography with 17-55 and 70-200 mm lenses, each mounted on a 7D. The 70-200 was a little too long for the distances involved and left a 15mm coverage gap, so I bought a 5D Mark III for the 70-200 to rectify the gap. There are other advantages to the 5D3 (low-light performance, for one); but by themselves, they probably wouldn't have been enough to induce me to go FF.

Yep. Clearly I do not have a reason to go FF beside pure curiousity. I still prefer the flexible of using crop sensor, with the less expensive STM lenses (55-250mm), my pocket agrees with that. 

"I might buy it off her just to explore the full-frame world, ..."

Forget it and move on.  If you still have a hole burning in your pocket buy a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon.  If you prefer to stay all Canon, and I understand, try the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens.  Either of these lenses will change your world.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"I might buy it off her just to explore the full-frame world, ..."

Forget it and move on.  If you still have a hole burning in your pocket buy a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for Canon.  If you prefer to stay all Canon, and I understand, try the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens.  Either of these lenses will change your world.

Smiley Very Happy I prefer to stay all Canon, like said , I have really bad luck with Tamron and sigma. Just got my 24-70mm 2.8 repaired in previous post this month so I'd be good for now. It works really well for my need with 7D. 

The ef 24-70mm f2.8L II is my favorite lens but I don't use it on a 1.6x cropper.  It isn't wide enough.  I don't have a 1.6x crop camera anymore but I do have a 1.3x crop camera.  On it I prefer the ef 16-35mm f2.8L II.

I think once you get or try the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens on your 7D you will agree it is more useful.  You might be able to sell the 24-70 to finance the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens.  IMHO, of course.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements