cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should my 6D settings be for indoor low light shooting with a EF 24-105mm F/4L IS USM lens?

chitch7
Contributor

When I take pics at indoor fashion show/bikini contests without flash the pics are a little fuzzy.  Generally speaking, I wait for the model/contestant to pose then I shoot.  I shoot in manual with a shutter of 100 to 125 and ISO in auto with a limit of 3200.  I''m thinking this camera/lens combo should be doing a better job but maybe I just have another setting thats wrong.  Any suggestions?

12 REPLIES 12

Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@chitch7 wrote:

When I take pics at indoor fashion show/bikini contests without flash the pics are a little fuzzy.  Generally speaking, I wait for the model/contestant to pose then I shoot.  I shoot in manual with a shutter of 100 to 125 and ISO in auto with a limit of 3200.  I''m thinking this camera/lens combo should be doing a better job but maybe I just have another setting thats wrong.  Any suggestions?

Do you have Image Stabilization turned on?

Are you using AIServo or OneShot focus mode?

Auto ISO??? Good grief, man......it's a 6D! I have shot at 12500 without objectionable noise.

Run the ISO up to 3200-6400 and shoot at a 250th or so and your pictures should be great.

One of the many things I love about the 6D is that I give very little thought to turning the ISO up. Something that I never used to be able to do.

Announcements