Canon Community Canon Community

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's a good older Canon dslr?

I concur. KEH is excellent in my experience. They are conservative in their ratings.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
Frequent Contributor

Okay thanks, I will look into KEH gear!

Ben

VIP

"They are conservative in their ratings."

Not so much in their prices.

A lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree. But if you get a price you are happy with you can be sure of getting a product that meets or exceeds expectations - that has been my experience.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472
Respected Contributor

jrhoffman75 wrote:

I agree. But if you get a price you are happy with you can be sure of getting a product that meets or exceeds expectations - that has been my experience.

Mine too.

Their prices are reasonable when you consider things are pretty much one rating better than they list. i.e. buy something rated EX+ and it will be 'Like New'.

Honored Contributor

jrhoffman75 wrote:

Mine, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now I am eyeing a 40D body from Adorama, in the meantime will these batteries work with the 40D body? I am assuming Adorama is at least as good a store as KEH. Anyway, just wondering if these batteries will work, not sure where I will get them but they are cheaper than the Canon batteries.

Mod Note: Removed link due to Forum Guidelines - Third Party Product 

The EOS 40D uses the Battery Pack BP-511A/BP-514/BP-511 or BP-512.

Ben

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dragoncamera7 wrote:

Right now I am eyeing a 40D body from Adorama, in the meantime will these batteries work with the 40D body? I am assuming Adorama is at least as good a store as KEH. Anyway, just wondering if these batteries will work, not sure where I will get them but they are cheaper than the Canon batteries.

Mod Note: Removed link due to Forum Guidelines - Third Party Product 

The EOS 40D uses the Battery Pack BP-511A/BP-514/BP-511 or BP-512.

Ben

The prevailing opinion in this forum is that Adorama is a highly reputable store.

The term "Miscellaneous Brand" inspires no confidence.

An $8 used battery inspires no confidence either, but I suppose you can't go wrong at the price. Buy several and hope that some of them work for a while.

Buying everything on the cheap can be a fun activity if you do it for enjoyment or to show that you can beat the system. If you do it to accumulate reliable tools for business or a serious hobby, it's a potential source of great frustration. Just sayin'.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Respected Contributor

KEH has a EX condition 40D with batteries and charger for $220. I'd grab it.
Respected Contributor

Don't buy used batteries. You can get new Wasabi batteries on Amazon for that price.